Zandvoort 2020? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Zandvoort 2020?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Jun 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    keen to do that next year for a day or two.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    How about talking about the thread?

3. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Tickets is a complete cluster ****.

over a million ticket requests, nearly all locals that requested (despite doing it the moment it was possible) did not receive the opportunity to buy a ticket...

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks for the update. Sad.

I'm still debating whether to go for the expensive Paddock Club or not. At least that's a way to get in on the action if these morons can't figure out how to sell regular tickets.

Hmm, on second thought your comment about the locals is also interesting: Does that mean that ticket brokers around the globe/Europe bought up all the tickets? Therein might be some hope to actually get a ticket after all.

Bas likes this.
  5. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

The Dutch fans will simply cut a hole in the fence with their beer bottle tops

Bas likes this.
  6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Another thing that's irritating is the fact that they have not officially released the dates of the race. While it seems to be a no brainer and obvious given the cancellation of Barcelona's GP it doesn't help having the sword of uncertainty hanging over. What if they suddenly decide to swap its date with e.g. the German GP (which also will not happen next year)? Then the race would fall in what is likely the hottest month in Europe which still does not know A/C.

Bas likes this.
  7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Finally realized why they haven't made an official announcement about the Dutch GP's date yet: They are still in negotiations with Barcelona. It looks like a deal seems now more likely and the Spanish GP won't go away. They want allegedly The Netherlands, Monaco and Spain in May. Back to back races anybody?

8. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    "Back to back races anybody?"

As a fan watching TV in America, that's fine with me.

daytona355 likes this.
  9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I remember bumping into a few fans from Australia while staying in Nice for the Monaco GP some years back. Those guys were hard core: They first went to the Spanish GP, then up to Le Mans (IIRC) for a Moto GP race and then back down to Monaco for the F1 race. They really made their vacation in Europe count. I suppose something similar could be done if it pans out Zandvoort-Barca-Monaco.

daytona355 and pilotoCS like this.
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Anywhere with legalised hookers is a winner in my book! I’d be there except it sounds like the place will be chock full of orange painted dipsticks chanting..... I highly rate Maxine, but I haven’t the patience to deal with the type of crowd soccer attracts! I’m not the friendliest of people when faced with screaming hooligans, I tend to offend them a little too easily and you can’t fight 150000 crazy Dutchmen!

Bas likes this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Be great to have the spare time to fit such a trip in to the schedule! Best I can do is think of one race at a time

Bas likes this.
  12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    What do you have to loose, you said you are on painkillers anyway
    And that would be an epic battle

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    True, let’s do it! I think I’ll join them and pick on the Mercedes fans

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    If you are up against 150,000 Dutchmen, does it matter whether they are crazy or not?

But yes, that's one of my concerns as well. I'm a big Max fan, so I'd fit right in but I don't do so well with huge crowds. So I'm having 2nd thoughts about this as well. Then again, there are still no tickets available, so what do I care>?

daytona355 likes this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly my feeling. I can stay 2 minute walk from the track and I'm still not going lol. My friends can't afford paddock club and I flat out refuse to sit with the ''orange army'' hooligans chanting footballist song things.

daytona355 likes this.
  16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Your friends can't afford it, but would you be interested? I can't afford full paddock pass either, but I am thinking about the F1 experience, which gives you at least Friday at the paddock club.

Bas likes this.
  17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Depends on the track but yes. Some tracks the paddock club really offers bad viewing so no point...others a lot better. Zandvoort on the roof of pitstraight you get good view, and I'd do it precisely because of the nightmarish orange army...

daytona355 likes this.
  18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Now that we have a secured date I was able to book a nice hotel in Amsterdam and I got a Paddock pass. Yeeehaa!

ypsilon likes this.
  19. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales