Youtuber friend came by and did a review of my F355 simulator | FerrariChat

Youtuber friend came by and did a review of my F355 simulator

Discussion in '348/355' started by Subarubrat, Jun 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Subarubrat

Subarubrat Formula 3

Apr 1, 2009
    VA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Much thanks to Willie of Arcade USA!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAUUNDg3kl0[/ame]

BTW, the video of the seat is out of date, that was the original seat.

2. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    That machine is at Jillys arcade in Ocean City NJ.
    I spend my weekend spending money on that machines every weekend in August.

3. FlyingHaggisRacing

FlyingHaggisRacing Formula 3

Jul 2, 2013
    I want that soooo bad and the Sega Rally to complete the setup.

4. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    I want one with the stick!

5. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I need to come over and play that :)

6. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I used to play the hell out of that game. Guy had that same version (triple monitor console) in one of the RedWest buildings at Microsoft on freeplay. I used to play it all the time.

But these days, I couldn't justify owning one because iRacing (and others) are just do damn good these days. Between pedal technology, force feedback (direct drive too), etc, etc, driving Sega F355 Challenge is hard to stomach after coming out of an iRacing sim.

AND, they just added the 488 GTE. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet (my sim is half disassembled) but I hear it's great.

So for me, while aesthetically I'd love to own one of these magnificent arcade games, I can't justifiy the space relative to modern racing sims.

But thay being said, I am thrilled someone is taking the time to preserve these, and yours is absolutely beautiful. That video sure takes me back. I love the factory intro tour also.

7. Subarubrat

Subarubrat Formula 3

Apr 1, 2009
    VA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The 3 monitor version has the stick and paddle! And an auto mode too of course.

8. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Very cool! I spent a lot of time in that thing as a kid. Will you go longer than 5 years on the timing belts? ;)

9. Subarubrat

Subarubrat Formula 3

Apr 1, 2009
    VA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #9 Subarubrat, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Something that only a few would appreciate, the game uses 4 Sega NAOMI boards which are essentially Sega Dreamcast consoles, one for each monitor and a master, as well as support boards for the ROMs and linking them all together. They are all housed in a large metal box resembling an over sized PC, originally done in bare metal. I painted mine in wrinkle red, nobody but me will ever see it but I know it is there!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. source

source Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael

Absolutely top job mate! One of my topmost games that are on my want lists. The first thing I picked up on is the stellar condition of your gearstick (lol) - most of the tri-screens I have come across are virtually devoid of these things!

Btw. I think the designer that came up with this game was Yu Suzuki ;) Nonetheless mate, great job, would love to see more photos of her!

11. Subarubrat

Subarubrat Formula 3

Apr 1, 2009
    VA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I can't believe I spaced on his name, he did Hang On, Outrun, Afterburner, Space Harrier, etc. etc.