Your Thoughts & Advice on Purchasing This '86 TR | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Your Thoughts & Advice on Purchasing This '86 TR

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by slownrusty, Oct 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Stephane, I Wonder if you could apply for the Guiness record for having owned and driven on a regular basis the highest number of Ferraris.

2. blue_myriddn

blue_myriddn Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Congrats on the purchase! To be honest, an experienced Ferrari owner is probably the best bet for a car like this. I hope you got them to bend a bit on the pricing; but either way enjoy the car.

3. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Yes, it was me indeed. I had been lurking looking for a flying mirror car and since they are on the rarity scale and I felt this one was a good candidate. I can get passed all the idiosyncrasies this car has. To me, it's more about the iconic style, the original Testarossa, and the flying cars I think will be more desirable eventually. I know they are to me, and I have owned 4 TR's. This will be #5. I do intend to give it all the love she needs, my wallet will be ready I hope. ;)

LOL!! Well, one would think so but I know of some collectors having more than the 30 I have owned all at once right now in their collection ;)
    My problem is I can only afford one at a time ;)

I couldn't agree more. This is not the car for a first time Ferrari owner to say the least as I think I just made the "down payment" with the $60K purchase price. I anticipate another $30K spent in the next couple of years at the very least. They did promise to do a few things to it before delivery, I can' t wait to see it.
    For those of you that don't know me, my business is Scaledetails (since 1998). I manufacture and design better parts for the Pocher 1/8 Testarossa, which may explain my passion for these cars ;)
    Sort of like a business "passion" if you will.

4. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Stephane, the difference is driving them! Regularly.....