Your Proudest Moment? | FerrariChat

Your Proudest Moment?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Rod, Nov 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Guys..

I thought owning a Ferrari for the first time was one of the proudest moments of my life... However at 3:21am this morning that was surpassed when my Partner gave birth to a beautiful Baby girl & I became a Dad!!. AMAZING!!!..

Any one agree?

Rod

2. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    I guess your probably right Rod, tho I never had any kids and if I had I dont think I'd ever have afforded me "F"

3. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

With two girls age 4 and 8 i know exactly how you feel.
    Congratulations, hope mum and baby are doing well.

Regards

Stewart

4. collette 512bbi

collette 512bbi Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Collette
    Congrats on the birth of the baby and I hope they are both well.

5. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Congrats too. Had a baby boy earlier this year - v proud.

Guess that's another Ferrari for sale then ???

Rick

6. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Thanks...

No it took me that long to obtain a LHD 328 that now I am on the look out for a RHD 328!!! I don't class this as a family hobby!!! (yet)!!! push come to shuv I suppose a 3.4 mondial cab would be interesting... but untill then open air driving for the family will be restricted to my 1971 vw beetle cabrio fitted with a type 4 porche engine pushing out a shade under 200BHP... it eats most 911s/328s for breakfast!! (up to 90mph)!!!

Rod

UOTE=ferrari355gtb]Congrats too. Had a baby boy earlier this year - v proud.

Guess that's another Ferrari for sale then ???

Rick[/QUOTE]

7. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    Cars are fun, small people are what we're here for. My 7 yr old is the light of my life, my car's are what carry her around. Congratulations.

jg

8. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Buyin the car didnt come close to becoming a dad. COngrats on joining the club!

9. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    Congratulations!

Driving down to Spain summer before last was the best experiance of my life so far... outside of marriage and the birth of my baby daughter (19 months now).

I am very fortunate that little Gabby likes TVRs and Ferraris so I can keep my bit of extravagance... ok ok, I have a very understanding wife :D

ps: like the sound of your Beetle!

10. Philjay50

Philjay50 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Cogratulations, without doubt the best experience (and most expensive) you will ever have.

11. Dwrights

Dwrights Karting

May 25, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Congratulations Rod.I have a 5 year old daughter,when she entered our world the feeling was amazing.I don't own a Ferrari yet but I should think it would be a proud moment for me.

Again Congratulations,

Regards,

David.

12. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Congrats Rod,

Agreed- becoming a Dad is just the best thing! I have a little daughter, Isabel, turning two at Christmas.

As an aside, don't think that her being a girl will impair any car-related enjoyment you might have together- already she likes to sit behind the wheel of the 355 going Brrrrmmmm....

Robert.

13. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    I have 2 girls aged 7 and 10. For both of them their first words were 'Daddy', 'Ferrari', 'Mummy' in that Order!
    Although they are hardly die hard tifosi they can tell the difference between a Ferrari and a Porsche and they can spot a Ferrari on the road even if it isn't red! They like to indulge their Dad!
    Enjoy your baby daughter. The first few months are often very hard work, but then she starts to change and gain a personality. You will fall in love with her all over again every day! It's great!! :)

14. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    Congrats Rod!

My first is due on Dec 25th! Can't wait but currently in the cr8pping myself phase ;)

I got the 355 a couple of months back, knowing full well it would be too late when the bambino arrived! We did a trial run to the MK maternity ward yesterday, got a few funny looks as we pulled up :D

15. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Congratulations but in the long run the baby will cost more to run than 2 Ferrari's ;)

16. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Many congratulations Rod! You're right- it's a life changing event, in a very positive way. Enjoy watching her grow.

Kevin

17. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Stu - I too was tempted to take the missus in the 355 to the hospital too but the thought of 'broken' waters on the leather interior was too off putting.

18. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Congrats, Rod. Fantastic news :)

19. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Paternal Rod M8,

I noticed the time of arrival was 3.21 - seven more minutes and it would have been a 3.28! However, I can do better than this - please PM your address and I shall provide a model 512TR for your daughter - by return! So send the address and I shall post it tomorrow, okay?

Many congratulations!

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse - Provider of Ferrari Nursery Mobiles

20. AdamC

AdamC Karting

Oct 21, 2004
    Manchester
    Full Name:
    Adam J Carlisle
    Many Congratulations, hope all is well with both mother and daughter.

bet you are looking forward to the many sleepless nights!

21. geofflowe

geofflowe Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2004
    Souffampton
    Full Name:
    Geoff Lowe
    My rugrat was born at 3.21 too but it was in the afternoon! Almost 9 now and still doesn't really like cars - I'm devastated!!
    Enjoy the experience - well done!!

22. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Another 39 minutes and it would have been 4am... but more importantly 360am.... That's more like it!!!!

I don't mind you dropping me a 512 off... Hertz or rent a car? But let me clear my garage first

Dad...

23. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    seeing foxy today - ;)

24. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    Good God Tea, that's the first post of yours I haven't had to read twice forwards and thrice backwards, then upside down for good measure to make sense of! Nice gesture, you have significantly gone up in my somewhat humble regard. :)

25. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    :) What a guy Tea Arse - Tear Arse

Lee