Your opinion on this video please | FerrariChat

Your opinion on this video please

Discussion in '348/355' started by angelis, Jul 16, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Been very busy in the last few months so haven't posted up much.

One of the things I've been involved in is trying to put together a 30 minute online motoring TV show. Things are a little harder as I have no experience at all and don't know anyone who has, so I can't go to anyone for advice/help. So I'm mostly making things up on the spot. A few friends are helping out with the Presenting.

It's also non-commercial so we aren't making any money from it.

We did some filming on monday at a sports car meet. One of the features is a 430 v Gallardo shootout.

Here's a 2 minute rough cut I did. It's very very rough, but gives an idea of what we are doing or trying to do. Interested to know what people outside of the UK think about it.

Here's the link.

http://vimeo.com/13367634

PS. I'll also be starting filming the 348 and 355 video documentary next month.

2. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Well buddy you always have my vote :), for a rough cut it was still pretty entertaining, I think you have something here my man.

3. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You got my vote too

4. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Thanks guys.

5. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    Can we get that young lady in a bikini?...at all? Then the video would be a 10 i reckon:)

6. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Definitely give you an "A for effort". The b-roll stuff in the beginning was quite good...but if I'm completely honest, I thought the "Top Gear" like banter between the 2 hosts felt a little too scripted at times. The magic of Top Gear is that although it is probably 100% scripted, it almost never feels like it when you watch them give each a hard time arguing about a car. The female host was surprisingly decent...but perhaps recruit Louise Brady (the Brit who occassionallly co-hosts Super Cars Exposed with Tanner Foust) to give her some tips...or just get Ms Brady to join you.

What's the ultimate aim of all this? Just for fun or you planning to put together a DVD full of these comparos?

7. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    I reckon we'd get more views if Adz wore the bikin instead :D

Ironically, none of it was scripted and it was all ad libbed. We had less than 3 hours to film everything as we were losing light.

We won't be recruiting anyone because mainly we can't afford it. Everyone is doing it for free. :D

We managed by pure luck to interview the CEO of lamborghini, so we thought we might as well create a show to go around it. At the moment it's a one off with no plans to do anymore.

8. mad dog

mad dog Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    suffolk uk
    Full Name:
    andrew
    Nice Sy

you going to come to Prescott picnic to do something comprehensive on the hillclimbs?

9. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Forgot all about Prescott?

When is it?

10. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    #10 sambomydog, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
    Hey sy, i see the w4nkers on CS are biting into this. There a load of prciks bud, dont let them grind you down.
    The forum and mods are fast becoming simular to why we left another certain forum 5 years ago;)
    You keep on doing what you are doing mate.
    The videos not bad at all, but there again you should know better than posting it on club Scud. That forum is now run by w4nkers mate :)

11. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I cant give you any advice Sy, but I reckon that vid was cool! :D:D

12. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    Surely a nice video !

13. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Please don't take this the wrong way, after all you did ask....
    While I give you an A for effort, I would also bundle this video into the vast library of amature Internet video that I would not watch. I would give the camera work a C minus, as shaky handheld just doesn't ring my bell. And quite frankly there is a reason why we write scripts. The ad-lib banter between your hosts lost my attention right off the top. If the rest of the show is anything like the first two minutes I don't see someone sitting through 30 minutes of this. While I am a huge car guy, I was not entertained.

All the Best!

14. mad dog

mad dog Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    suffolk uk
    Full Name:
    andrew
    Sunday 12th September me thinks.

15. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Thanks guys.

Thanks for posting Dave. I agree about the shaky camera. I started off using a tripod, but we were running out of time so I switched to hand held. Unfortunately, received a camera brace a day later, so couldn't use that.

We're also going to tone down the banter as well and have it more structured, plus have faster edits. It's a really steep learning curve. :D

16. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    I'll definitely be there. Need to get footage of you and Nick driving up the hill.

17. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Yep, been doing TV and Film for over 30 years now and you never stop learning.

Good Luck with your project!

18. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Well, they've banned me on that forum again, so I won't be rushing back there too soon. :D

Re the video, I'm going to do another version. Slightly different this time, but using similar ideas. It's all for fun anyway.