Your Nico Rosberg predictions? | FerrariChat

Your Nico Rosberg predictions?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ItaliaF1, Nov 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What do you think Nico Rosberg will turn out to be?

1. Multiple F1 Championships

2. F1 Champion

3. Become a mid-pack driver and never really stand out

4. Eventually fail in F1 and realize that he doesn't have what it takes

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Nico has performed very well and seems like a pretty promising new-comer to F1. In the poll about "Who has the brightest future?", we all decided the Nico was the best bet. Personally, I think he will shine in the future. What do you think?

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    As long as he's powered by Toyota, fail.

3. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Exactly what I was thinking. I really hope Williams gets their act together or he gets to go to a better team.

4. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I agree with the above. I think he'll remain a midpack driver unless Williams can get back with Renault or somthing. I don't see him signing with Ferrari or Renault any time soon, so it really is up to Williams to give him a winning car. He is young though, so perhaps a drive for a winning team in the future is possible.

5. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Mid pack as long as he's with Williams and frankly i wasn't very impressed by him regarless of his car. He seemed to go off a lot.

6. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Can someone please tell me why Renault split with Williams in 98? Also, why did they come back and not continue to support Frank's team? I'm just wondering because it's sad how badly a dive the team took.

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Frank lost Adrian Newey to McLaren Mercedes in 97, they acquired the Supertec V10 for 98-99 season and had already signed on with BMW. They for years were the top Chassis Constructor (excluding McLaren) in F1. However, by losing so many people in Aero and Chassis they became a shell of what they once were.

Briatore who got the Renault in 95 always kept close ties with Renault and ran the Supertec Companies which Williams and Benetton shared in the late 90's. He came back to Benetton now Renault and the rest is History, hope that helps.

8. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yeah this helps thanks. So is this Adrian Newey guy a miracle worker? It seems that Mclaren had instant success when he arrived. Also, Williams seemed to have a bit of a resurgence from 01 to 03, actually winning races with Ralph and Juan. What happened after that? Do you think they'll regain their past glory any time soon?

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Adrian Newey cars won the championship in 92, 93, 94 (Constructors), 96-99. He is an incredible Aero engineer and a great loss now to McLaren as 06 proved. No I think unless Williams gets a really top Engineer again (perhaps Geoff Willis will return) and becomes a factory team they are doomed to mid field. Patrick and Frank should have done the same deal as Ron Dennis did with Mercedes. I think they are on a down slope similar to Lotus. Unfortunate as it may seem they were probably the best Constructor team of the last 26 years.

10. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    excellent, thanks.

11. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    BMW motors went away. (?)

No, not unless they get an extra 150 million in budget AND a more powerful motor soon.

12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1 excellent observance as usual Franco.

13. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Oh of course, damn I can't believe I forgot that haha. I need more sleep.

14. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    it's just not the toyota, IMO. remember, Williams have always been weak in the aero dept.

15. jonnypops

jonnypops Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jonny
    I think he'll run with the front runners in his future but never achieve WC

16. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    He got crushed last year by Webber. In my mind there is no reason to pick Rosberg over half the drivers in F1. He didn't make the splash Senna or Schumacher did. Hell, he hasn't made the same splash Kimi or Alonso did. There is no reason to think he won't be another Christian Klien.

17. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Single time champion. Just like his dad.

He was more promising at the beginning of the season, but he'll find his way. He is still faster than most of those Fisicos, Ralfs and Trullis out there.

18. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Based on this year's performance, I can't see what is so special about him. He did really well at Bahrain but has been really slow elsewhere. Granted this is a learning year but unless he steps up his game he is no better than a Christian Klien in my book.

Williams love him though - so there must be something special about him. Hmmmm...

19. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    But in the past they could make up for it with HP, and now they don't have that, either.

But when you stop and think about it, on one hand you have a great team with about 2,000 people behind it, and an 'unlimited' budget, so to speak (Ferrari, Renault), and some pretty good, seasoned drivers.

And on the other hand, you have a team with 1/4 the people, 1/4 the budget or less, and drivers that are steady, but not spectacular (Williams, and I will toss BAR-Honda in as well).

So what's my point ?

It's amazing that, all things considered, the teams and drivers are as close as they are in qualifying, and, for the most part, the race.

(Now let's try to figure out what's wrong with Toyota. Different topic)

20. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    And if the only race Keke had won in 1982 had gone 5 more laps, he would not have won (the race). IIRC, his tires were in shreds for the last 7-10 laps.
    Truly a very strange season.

21. YellowbirdRS

YellowbirdRS Formula 3

Nov 9, 2005
    DFW/RGV/MX
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    An other Jean Alesi, Ralf Schumacher, G Berger story.

22. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    I love Nico, i have met him before and gotten his autograph!

23. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Guys lets give Nico another season and see how he does, he was magic in the lower Formula's lets see how he progresses this season. I think he has a lot of talent, but can he rise to the next level?

24. MJDrive

MJDrive Karting

Mar 26, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael Ryan Johnson
    I'm not sure that having Toyota power is as big as a detrement as some people might think. Due to the general course of race car and engine development if you burn enough dollars on engineers and dyno work the engine will sing.

Plus didn't Toyota record a number of solid qualifying positions towards the end of the season. I believe they owned the second row in Suzuka.

Rossberg looks well trained and groomed to be a champion.

Cheers

25. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    When you run less fuel, your car tends to go faster. Toyota was one of the first teams to pit at Suzuka.