Your first brand new car | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Your first brand new car

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Hazy, Feb 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M

Bloody Hell - thats 40 ***s gratis a day. Were you obliged to smoke the lot or did you find you were unusually popular in the pub?

2. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Between those and texaco petrol stars it kitted out my first house. £11,000 pa didnt go far ..

3. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
    Hey - but you were King of the Road, cruising the Motorways in a Silver suit & your Ford Orion :D Not bad for 19 - you should have stuck to it, you could have had a Mondeo by now ;)

4. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I did, my sales career culminated in a brand new silver T reg 2.0 Ghia :D Rentokil company car policies..gotta love them.

5. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    It did actually, but what sort of dick puts a kitty litter tray under their car to catch the oil???? Cardboard for me mate :D:D:D

6. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    My first and only (The missus has had the others) A 94 Honda Civic Coupe.

7. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    Skoda Favorit 135L in 1990. Paid $4500 for it and actually had to queue up for it. Was driving a Fiat 126 before and this was like getting into an S Class in comparison. I had to pick the car up about 200 miles from Warsaw. The Skodas came with no anticorrosion sealant on the underbody and for the warranty to be valid the owner had 3 weeks to get the car undercoated with sealant. I picked the car up in February and had to drive it back home on roads covered in saline solution. I'm pretty sure that car corroded away into nothingness within several years and the only thing holding it together were the rather catchy Halfords go faster stripes I had down the sides. ;-) Only kept the Skoda 9 months and bought a used Fiat Uno Turbo i.e.

8. andy74bruce

andy74bruce Karting

Apr 7, 2004
    South England
    Full Name:
    Andy B
    My first new car was back in 1999 and was a 360F1. Not first fcar but my firsy new car I have owned. Cost fortune to insure as i was only 25 and living in london but worth every penny!