Your Favorite Online Camera Store? | FerrariChat

Your Favorite Online Camera Store?

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by venusone, May 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I’m looking to buy a Nikkor 24-120mm G VR lens for my personal F100/D70. At work, I buy from a camera store the hospital has an account w/. But for my personal equipment I would like to find a better price – like many online sources seem to have. I see ”buydig.com” a lot as well as others w/ discount prices. Where do you buy online?

2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I buy off Ebay......... There could be good deals.

Also, have you seen http://www.dpreview.com ? It's a great site for camera info. I'd ask the people on that site or just poke around.

3. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004

I've had great luck w/ expensive bikes on Ebay & have been looking there. Yes, I go to dpreview but only for info on new products. Perhaps I should check out the forums. Thanks.

4. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    I like www.onecall.com. Their prices are not the lowest, but they have always been consistent.

5. ponyboy

ponyboy Karting

Mar 15, 2004
    Barrington, Il
    Full Name:
    Jimmy McGue
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

B & H Photo, in New York. They've been a longtime reliable camera discount store, even before people bought off the Internet; way back when we would just order out of the back pages of photography publications.

Ponyboy
    ------

6. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Ditto... Both of our digital camera's have come from there... And soon my DSLR.

7. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Karen, after some research I bought my Coolpix 8700 from BuyDig.com. Price was the lowest I could find on the web, they didn't push to sell me anything that I didn't order and it was delivered in a timely manner. A few months later, I had an issue with the camera itself (which other F-Chatters have reported having as well), I took it to Nikon with a copy of my printed receipt from BuyDig and they honored the warranty and repaired the camera at no cost to me.

8. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I got my D70 + other stuff (total of about $1700) on buydig. I was very satisfied with them and it came extremely quick. I also ordered a few items from bhphoto last week and they came quick too. They were little things but all i hear is good things about bh. Like Wayne, the thing that made my buy my camera through buydig is the price. Its not significantly lower than other sites but every penny counts.

Also, if you're not a member, become one at Nikonians.org. Its a great place with TONS of knowledgeable (sp?) people and lots of info. See you there!

9. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    I can second Wayne's experience with BuyDig. I just purchased a Canon ZR200 digital video camera from them. They were $50.00 cheaper than Best Buy. It arrived 3 days after I ordered it, and everything is great.

I also purchased a Coolpix from them last Christmas. Good service and good prices on my transactions

10. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    I've ordered a couple of cameras from B & H photo as well. Great site.

F40, get a new avatar! I had it first. :)

11. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I've had it for months!

12. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Have you really? Never noticed it before. They made me remove my Michael Jackson dancing avatar bcz it's animated (G*d forbid). When I come across something, I'll replace my current one.

13. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Fret not, I need a new one anyways... I have just the ticket... My broken down car!