Your a spoiler and you dont even know it. | FerrariChat

Your a spoiler and you dont even know it.

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by robert_c, Sep 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    #1 robert_c, Sep 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Keep in mind that some of us missed the F1 race on Sunday, and are trying, in vain, not to find out who won, untill we get a chance to view it. Please be carefull what you post as a Title.
    Thanks,
    Robert
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Its almost hopeless to try, I missed a recorded race a few months ago,didnt read the paper, watch the news let alone speed chanel, a didnt pull up Fchat Etc. My son was watching a soccer game on TV and one of the commentators for whatever reason gave the results up.

3. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    So do not leave the tapes there for so long, watch it as soon as you wake up ;)

I usually do not have that problem with F1, but I do with soccer. There is no way to stop information to reach you other that isolating yourself in a bubble. :(

So enjoy watching how did happen, even if you know the end.

- Julio.

4. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Well, keeep in mind that this weekend was a title decider - so people are bound to celebrate/cuss about the outcome. So I am not surprised at all to see topics like this.

If I were you I would have not been online at all if watching without knowing the results mattered that much.

5. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    I would simply suggest not to visit any website or forum related to motorsports until you view the race. And not make a useless request about thread titles in a motorpsort forum. Especially on a weekend when the F1 WDC is at stake.

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Exactly.

I thus have to question your allegiance to F1 ... you obviously do not take it seriously enough.

I tape all the races now and get up 1/2 an hour early on Monday morning and watch them ... heck sometimes I am even a little late for work!

And seriously you had the TIME to log on to the net and yet not to watch the tape ... does your work not have a TV and video player? ;) :D

I really think it is time the concept of spoiling the results was kicked firmly out. We are all grown ups (well most) if you cannot watch it straight away, well tough ... live a day or 2 without the internet.

Pete
    ps: I absolutely knew this was coming ... but I am serious, it is time for moderators to do an about turn and drop this stupidity and just say 'hard cheese' ...

7. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    I'm still trying to figure out how that title told you who won.

It might have told you who didn't win and who finished on the podium, but it didn't tell you who won the race, unless I'm missing something.

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yep you are missing something ... it told him who won the REAL prize, the WC!

That is what they are all racing for :)
    Pete

9. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    Yes, I know the title told who won the WC, but from his initial post it looks like he was saying it told him who won the race.

10. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    How can people still come to this website when they don't want to see spoilers.

11. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    My situation is really funny .. I missed the race due to a hurricane - couldnt fly home last weekend.

So I tracked the race on the internet - live timing on Formula1.com. I know exactly what happened but I will still watch the race with enthusiasm when I get back this weekend. I assume of course that my satellite dish was not taken out by Miss Rita :)

12. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have constructed a special shed down the back of my house.
    It has 4 things:
    1) A generator
    2) A TV
    3) A VCR
    4) A Bed

The night of a race, before the race, i say goodnight to my wife. I proceed to make my way down the back of the house,to the shed, and set the timed lock on the door, to open up at precisely 8am the next morning, walk in and shut the door.

I tape the race, and goto bed. When i wake up at 6am to watch the race, im safe from all outside risks of me knowing the results. Im safe from nagging women, and telephone calls. Im safe from Fchat spoilers, and idiotic news readers.

Im safe in my shed.

Its the only way ive found to protect myself. You think it's a little weird? :D

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Must be sound proof then ;).

Pete

14. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Solid Stell baby!

Its bomb proof too, but i can sometimes hear the woman over the 19k revving engines, through the steel walls..

Women are powerful creatures.

15. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Are you sure she's not the one hitting 19k ... :D :D :D ...

Those jaw muscles and control systems on a womans mouth are technical marvels ... F1 engine designers could learn something by studying them, might be able to revolutionise high speed valve control ;) :D.

Pete

16. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    #16 robert_c, Sep 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There is only one Catagory one this site that is race related. When I enter F-chat, it lists all 40 catagories. I try and divert my attention from the racing one, but today, I happened to read it. I guess its too much to ask.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    David Coulthard's jaw has been dramatically widened to compensate new technology.
    So according to your theory, DC is a woman.

Not surprising, the guy is all talk...!!:D

18. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I just want it noted that I did not create that thread ... even though my username has been captured by Robert.

Pete

19. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I believe this muscle growth had lots to do with kneeling before Ron ... :D :D

Pete

20. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LOL!

DC's motto for his Jaw..

"Its the Growth, that helps with the Girth"

21. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Anyone that knows me knows my allegiance to F1.

Ive been in bed sick with the flu for a week, and I havent had a chance to watch the race. I could have watched it at the local F1 party, but I didnt want to get everyone sick. I just moved, and dont have SpeedTV yet, so I am relying on the kindness of my friends to record it and let me watch it when I am well.

I've hosted many F1 parties myself and anyone can tell you Im a big fan. In fact, my very first post on F-Chat was "Where can I watch F1 here in Dallas"

In fact, I dont know who won, I was just trying to get people to be more consience about the title so in the future, they dont give it away.

I have been staying away from all the F1 web sites so I dont find out who won. I dont consider this site to be an F1 site.

Everyone I've met from this site has been so nice, its unbielevable, I was hoping those of you I havent met could show some consideration for anyone who hasnt seen the race yet. Its only Monday, it 's not like Im asking the impossible.

But I guess with some people I am asking the impossible.

I've never flamed anyone before, its not my style, but you cant insult my allegance and get away with it.

Robert.

22. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Robert,

I appologise, you sound way more serious than I ... in fact I was too tired to bother taping the race and missed it completely.

Please accept my original post as a bit of a leg pull :) ... as it was intended, well the first part anyway.

The only thing I will say is that I did not post any of the offending posts AND that I only come to FerrariChat to discuss F1 and the old cars, thus this is very much a F1 site to me.

I hope you are feeling much better.
    Pete

23. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    Appology accepted. Thanks, I appreciate it. Its hard to tell sometimes when people are joking online because there is no voice inflection. Again, thanks for the appology. When I get well, I'll drink a Fosters in your honor.
    Robert