You Won’t Believe What Happened Yesterday! (PICS) | FerrariChat

You Won’t Believe What Happened Yesterday! (PICS)

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Anymac, Feb 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    What happened yesterday must have 1 to 1,000,000 odds. I had not seen a Testarossa on the road in maybe 10 years... Let alone while I’m driving in my two week old one... and a rare yellow one to complement my red. Ironically, I seriously considered yellow.

Cruising the 5 on way to beach with my toddler boy next to me and wife and baby in Land Cruiser. And then I see it. Something yellow way back in my rear view mirror. I knew it was an older Ferrari like 355 or TR. I slow down and as it looms bigger it strikes me that it’s a yellow TR! I tell wife to get camera ready!

Serendipity or law of attraction?!? Either way it was great. We caused a bit of a scene on side of road.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

VColin, Zeff, spaceship and 9 others like this.
  2. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great pics!

Anymac likes this.
  3. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    Forgot to add he put 65k miles on his TR! He had even been through the dreaded exploded diff. Tons of TR wisdom there. I loved that he has thoroughly enjoyed his car.

PineChris likes this.
  4. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    what a rare occurrence! Thanks for sharing

Anymac likes this.
  5. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Wow that is AWESOME!!!

Anymac likes this.
  6. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Did that yellow one have a 512TR front clip on it? I heard about that one. Somebody's daily driver in LA.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

7. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Haven't had the "same model" encounter, but a couple of "predecessor/successor" meetings in the wild within a couple of years:
    Out for a drive in the Boxer, and out on the West far edge of town, ran across a gorgeous yellow Daytona that happened to live a few blocks away from me. It just never got out.
    Another day, another Boxer drive, still in town - heading downhill from home, a red Testarossa is coming up the hill. This one had the misfortune of having its grills and a few other parts painted yellow, as if it were Ronald McDonald's personal ride.