YOU KNOW WHAT'S FUNNY????????????? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

YOU KNOW WHAT'S FUNNY?????????????

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by darth550, Aug 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Today I drove my Fcar and had to stop to pee...
    Instead I left in the bowl something similar to a root of a tree!

WhAd Up HomE SLiCE...to ALL my BOyZZZZ

...dopes

2. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    There was once a boy named Ferretti,
    who wanted a Ferrari, but wasn't ready.

He had a good friend
    Who was kind to lend
    A gorgeous, red TR
    Its condition was best, BY FAR

The car endured racing and abuse,
    The driver ignored and kept on the juice.
    Till finally the time came
    to hand back the reign.

Hutch can retrieve it back at a dealer,
    And here's the bill said the boy squealer.
    To be vocal and to advertise,
    What should not be seen by other's eyes.

The boys actions have caused a rift,
    The boys actions were not too swift.
    The boy no longer has this friend
    and proved himself unworthy to lend.

3. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Ok enough silly ****.

Everytime i talk to hutch the matter is said to be resolved, yet people feel the need to keep pointing fingers to me.

Anyone here can feel free to explain how the brake fluid was boiled in a few hundred miles of highway driving in 50-60 degree weather. According to Autosport the brake fuild boiling caused the clutch to fry out.

Here are some other problems/ observations I had with the car:

-The electronic seat belt wouldn't work on occasion (recall done just days before)
    -The radio would occasionally turn off arbitralily.
    -The brakeing distance was not very good. (but I attributed that to heavy car and old brakes)

Now these electrical problems are a direct result of the work done to the car during the major service.

The car was "fixed" by autosport AFTER I drove it, do you recall how many miles you logged before you were left stranded on the Tapanzee bridge needing a tow out to LI again?

With me the car made a trip to bear mountain with Noah for his photoshoot, one night I went to starbucks, one day to tobay beach , and then to WWOC. 90% of the miles on the car were highway miles, and I have been driving manual transmission cars for years (Porsche's, vettes, vipers, lamborghini's, Supra's, Bmw's, trucks, etc.) All with no incident. My trips in the car were always with passengers (Noah to bear mountain, Annie to LI, and Danny to star bucks). Now I know TR's are on the list of most reliable vehicles, but do you think it possible for a second that the car might just break on its own?

Here is your email to me as to your experience with the car the day you took it on a fun run.

"The brakes are horribly spongy. I don't know if the brake
    fluid is boiled or what. The brake pedal travels halfway down to the
    floor before giving back any feel or braking (stopping), and a total
    stop takes even more staying on the brakes. It was this way when I
    picked it up from WWoC and got progressively worse through the day.
    There is an off and on faint smell of something smoking
    while driving the car, even with the windows down!

I alerted you of any and all problems I experienced with the car, and I never noted smelling anything. So it seems any damage caused may have been done that day while your brakes were failing on you causing the clutch to fry.

As for the dropping the car off at WWOC, I was not instructed by anyone to keep anything secret. I figured if there was a quick warranty fix for your seat belt/ electrical issue that they could fix it for you while they detail the car. I was told to give the keys to jim murphy, which i did. The I explained the electical problems. He looked up in the computer about the recall, asked me a few questions (ie: who did the recall, when was it done, etc). We had a brief conversation and I was on my way. Not until later did I find out that there was some big deal about not having your major done at WWOC cause Jim knows bruce and your bruce's friend. If I was told to not say anything I wouldn't have.

I am sorry about the problems your car has experienced but these were not a result of me "abusing" it in anyway. Ask anyone around where I drove it.

By the way the poem was well structured hutch.

4. RogerM

RogerM Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    For what it's worth Rob did baby the car when he had it.

I've personally seen some of the handy work of Ferrari shops and shops in general. If you trust them implicitly you're going to get burnt.

If the fluid was indeed boiled and you recieved the car with no indication of degraded braking then it was done after you recieved the car. It's not like brake fluid boils and then it's good again.

What's also very interesting is that if the fluid did boil it's typically a result of water getting absorbed into the fluid (it's very hygroscopic) and that's either because it's crappy fluid, old, or did brake intensive lapping sessins.

What kind of fluid was in there that led to the failure?

What was that electrical fire in the car all about?

5. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    THANK YOU! I AIM TO PLEASE.

6. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
  7. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti

The link doesn't work, but there is nothing incriminating. There is no smoking gun in this case because i really didn't abuse your car. Do you know what type of driving it takes to boil brake fluid? Keep in mind People road race these cars and dont boil fluid over. Would you be willing to say maybe autosport didn't do something correctly and the problem was impending?

8. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I was sitting in the passenger's seat while Rob drove the TR during our trip up to Bear Mountain. Danny was driving the 360 the entire time.

If by "racing" you mean lining up on the highway and accelerating at the same time, then yes, there was racing. But I certainly didn't see or feel anything that I'd consider "beyond the limits" (if a TR isn't meant to drive in a straight line on a flat highway, then what is it meant for?). No hard braking, no weaving in and out of traffic.

Obviously I can't comment on any of the other times Rob was with the car, but as long as I was sitting inside there wasn't anything excessive or even slightly excessive done with it.

nlh

9. benaustin

benaustin Karting
    BANNED

Jul 23, 2004
    If you own a TR,
    Its best admired from afar.

Through Enzos good gracious,
    and love of only F1 races,
    you're left with the basis
    to only lose races.

An early TR,
    a kitcar at best,
    Ferrari's F1 engineering
    put to the test.

Clutch+brake fluid share one reservoir,
    just to make sure you dont get very far.

10. udalmia

udalmia Guest

Sounds good

11. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Ferretti - You've got a pm .

BenAustin - "A kitcar at best" . To that I reply, where were you during the mid to late 1980's?? Still a gleam in daddy's eye? The Testarossa was an icon of that decade. A great car in its time period, and still an awesome ride, but dated (aged) when compared with todays automobiles.

12. RogerM

RogerM Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    ROTFL!!!