You know what we should do in Louisville.... | FerrariChat

You know what we should do in Louisville....

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by silvergts1998, Sep 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    We should have maybe something like a Tech Session on simple repairs like how to bleed your brakes, change oil..etc.. then have beers.

I think it would be fun doing this. We have plenty of guys that have lifts in our group to host it at their house. We could then do a write up on it on put it on our future website.

What you think? I think it would be like a tech social.

Gershwin, we just need you to get a lift in your garage and then we are complete....LOL!

2. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue
    It would be more fun if the order of events was reversed!

No, seriously, this sounds like a great idea. I'll probably never need to know how to change the oil on a Diablo, but it would be interesting to see one from the bottom side. Depending on the date, I'd be willing to do the drive down from Indy to attend.

3. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    Adam,

That's a great idea!! We should get a list of things that each person's car needs. We should do it soon before the weather gets cold.

Matt

4. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    This is the good thing about clubs, not just fun, but also sharing resources.

Adam, FYI I have my degree in Automotive Technology and am ASE trained mechanic. Although I have not worked "in the business" for years, I think I can remember alot of it because I'm faster than the Car Talk guys on most call in diagnosis on Saturday mornings!

If you would like some assitance on topics or research give me a call.

5. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    The car doesn't have to be car specfic....just an excuse to get together...anyone else?

6. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    I'm in but I'll be shipping my F-car to Ohio w/in the next couple of weeks.

7. Is it the clutch?

8. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Yes it is the clutch. Had the Kevlar installed this past spring and they should still warrant the clutch and installation. I'll also have the car placed in storage, change all fluids and put new rubber on the rear.

9. shmc930

shmc930 Karting

Jul 16, 2006
    Louisville
    Full Name:
    Steve Mc
    Hey guys I was wondering if we were going to do anything in October.
    It's the best month of the year to drive our cars. And the trees turning makes for some real nice photo opps.

As far as a Tech Session. I can talk to my friends at Auto-Motion in Downtown Louisville. Which is a Porsche shop. We could do one there
    on a Saturday. They have several lifts and They also have two Mustang brand Dino's a two wheel and four wheel. For those who would like to test and see....( I'm sure there's a charge but a real nice deal could be worked out). Let me know your thoughts.

Also If we're not planning a drive. I'm doing a Porsche drive to Huber's Winery
    Saturday Oct 21 11:30am to 4pm. And since I'm running this... I want to invite all of the guys & cars that have been riding with us and the one's that haven't to join us. I have some great roads planned.......Huber's Winery is in Southern Indiana just a 20 min. drive across the Ohio for Louisville. It is their October Pumpkin fest (the entire month) There are live bands, wine tasting, farmer markets. There should be over 100 Porsches from Louisville and Indianapolis there that day (in our own special parking area which is a real plus)... And then afterwards we could do an early dinner somewhere.....

10. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    hey Steve,

I was just at Automotion the otherday talking with Brian. he was doing a leakdown test on Dr. Campbell's Viper for me since he had the equipment.

You know Mark?

11. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY

Sounds good to me!!

Matt