You guys gotta start driving your cars! | FerrariChat

You guys gotta start driving your cars!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by marcmc8867, Jul 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    #1 marcmc8867, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi all, I just hit a milestone in my 360 and thought it would be a good opportunity to encourage all of you to play with your garage queens a bit more. I really think I've gotten so much more out of the Ferrari experience by deciding to just enjoy it and not sweat the depreciation. As we've all seen from the market the past year, values tanked whether they had low miles or high...and it is out of your control. I don't think I would've ever had the same connection with the car and the marque if I had an internal struggle everytime I had the urge to driver the car...

Be like Nike and Just Do It! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

well done marc...perfect timing w/ your camera!!! i think you owe us another shot when she turns 75k

pcb

3. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Fabulous!

Good on the demanding, commanding thread title.

:)

4. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    That's cool. I put almost 20k on my TR the first year I owned it and over 15k on my first Diablo. Don't buy cars to see how much you can sell them for but how much joy they bring.

Karl

5. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Put 300 miles on the 348 since Thursday! What a blast!!

6. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    always nice to see these cars being driven!

7. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Thats good to see!! Glad you are driving/enjoying it.

8. XLNLIFE

XLNLIFE Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2005
    SOUTHERN CA
    Full Name:
    JEREMY :
    #8 XLNLIFE, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. cgh1

cgh1 Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Chuck Hawks
    Congrat's Marc! Way to go!! That is AWESOME!
    I'll bet she runs very well too! :)

Ferraris are meant to be driven, not simply stared at and then sold to the highest bidder. If you're not driving it, you're actually doing the car a disservice. Things start to go wrong more often from ''lot rot" than they do from being exercised! :D

Cheers & C U @ d'Track!!
    C

Chuck Hawks,
    Pro-Driver, Coach, Instructor & Facilitator
    DreamsFulfilled, LLC & rEvolution Performance Driving System ©

10. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    good job marc - and you are right, we need to drive these beasts!

11. cgh1

cgh1 Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Chuck Hawks
    Meant to add kudos to Rob W. (member here but don't remember his UID) of ROAR Racing fame who recently told me his 360 Spider had over 50K on the clock when he sold it. It was a great car that as far as I know never gave the family any problems... probably because it had been driven like a Ferrari should. That car saw a lap or two at VIR! I know 'cause I was fortunate enough to put some of those laps on it! :D (Thanks again Rob!)

Cheers & C U @ d'Track!!
    C

Chuck Hawks,
    Pro-Driver, Coach, Instructor & Facilitator
    DreamsFulfilled, LLC & rEvolution Performance Driving System ©

12. monte patterson

monte patterson Karting

Feb 26, 2009
    maitland florida
    Full Name:
    LAMBOGUY
    You are right. These cars are really meant to be driven. If you want to really see what your car can do, check out Le belle italia mechina at Daytona. It is held in novrember and they use the full rolex course including the banks. It is three days of track and it doesn't cost $10,000. Go to"italiancarsatpocono.com" to check out the event. The event is limited to so just many cars so if you want to get in on this you need to register early. It was a blast last year on the track and the cars were magnificient. A FXX, MC12, Enzo,Daytona DP cars and every Ferrari Challenge car around plus a lot of Lambos were on the track. The best track event I have ever been to. I had three cars on the track and I went through more tires than Wanted to but I will do it again in a heartbeat.

13. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    Way to go Marc! That's AWESOME... It's nice to see that there are guys who do drive their cars!
    You know I see a lot of the opposite in my business... It's not always the lower the miles, the better. these cars weren't designed to sit and not be driven.
    Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks on the Beaufort Trip!
    Take care and see ya soon...

Hank

14. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I agree! After years of dreaming I finally realized my dream of Ferrari ownership. Thanks to the dip in values I was able to get a nice 2006 F430 coupe with 2K miles for 90K less than it would have commanded a year or 2 ago. I have had the car just over 2 weeks and have driven her just about everyday. I know someone with a 2004 360 spider who has less than 1K miles on it. It has certainly depreciated as it sits there virtually untouched. What a shame!