You all know OceanSky | FerrariChat

You all know OceanSky

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by AgentPenguin, Aug 7, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AgentPenguin

AgentPenguin F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Feb 4, 2011
    Cali-forn-i-eh
    Hi I was actually asked by OceanSky to post this.

He's getting bashed in the Business & Investments forum. Can you vouch for him, etc. since you've met him? He's a cool, honest guy, etc. Thanks.

2. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    Yes I know Reza .
    1st impression i got was he is a nice guy. loves cars sincerely!
    Looks you right in the eye when shakes your hand not off in the distance like some losers wanna be posers I've met in this hobby . Yes he's young , yes he's done well so what! Someone has to take up slack for all the non risk taker dumb asses in the world .
    As far as his buisness is concerned I have no reason to belive anything he says he can do with money he cant . I talked at lenght to him about what he would never do in order that it might dishonour his dad. meaning i guess he has a conscience .....
    Have not done business with him as i dont like doing business with friends and I consider him a new friend. Until I hear otherwise i think hes OK in my books!!

Gary
    Espada

3. OceanSky

OceanSky Karting

Jun 20, 2012
    Thanks guys,appreciate the kind words. It all started with me being totally cool and seeing if anyone is trading and when another member asked my returns which is what traders ask each other, I started getting attacked. Now I don't know if it's Napolean syndrome or some of these guys just can't see a young guy work hard and achieve things but it's terrible and the negativity I saw in that forum was mind boggling. It terrifies me to know that skepticism is so vast amongst certain people, just shows that pushing hard and having ambition was never in their books, hope that's not the future we are looking forward to. But thanks again guys for the kind words, much appreciated.

4. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I know Reza fairly well and get along with the gentlemen quite well. He was extremely intelligent and passionate about the business he operates. I have funds set aside in other investments but will surely consider him a top candidate for my allocation.

Very down to earth guy you could have a beer with and shoot the **** as well.

5. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    One Lambo guy vouching for another Lambo guy on a Ferrari forum... I don't know about that :D

6. Vantage007

Vantage007 Formula 3

Jul 5, 2009
    Toronto
    I consider him to be a friend and can vouch for his ability to angrily scare a Radio Shack employee to re-open after he's already closed it to exchange a cell phone charger.

:)

7. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Reza may in fact be a "cool" guy in person or fun to hang out with. That being said, he posted in B&I that his trading returns in the currency markets were pretty astronomical(10-15% per month) which tends to invite questions. Here is how one user broke it down in that thread.

Reza hasn't been banned and is totally free to defend his claims when questioned.

8. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I have known Reza for a few months now & he is living the life. I don't know exactly how he makes his money but he is involved in the investment field.

I don't see why he needs to prove himself to a bunch of strangers. He is happy to talk about investing & open to see how others are doing in the field.

9. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Wow, that's all most as much as a Mexican government employee makes!!!

10. AgentPenguin

AgentPenguin F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Feb 4, 2011
    Cali-forn-i-eh
    #10 AgentPenguin, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    Yeah he's a nice person. I'd like to do business with him. He's agreed to prove his trading ability to the fc community for 30 days, so that's a good thing.

11. sopopopo

sopopopo Karting

Jul 27, 2007
    Mississauga
    Only met the guy once but from what I have seen, I have no reason to believe he's not what he claims to be. I wish him well.

12. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry

If he starts a thread on how much he makes then yeah...he probably should prove it.

If everyone here likes him so much (and as far as I know no one is claiming he isnt a nice guy) and he claims he can make a consistent 10-15% return every month...

Well, I have to assume you all have given him your money to invest right ?????

Dont we all want to double our money every 6 months ?

13. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #13 tbakowsky, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    He's a nice guy. Came by the shop today with his lambo to scan a check engine light. Eyes on the gril in the black dress with the 6 inch heels!!

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #14 BigTex, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Funny how THAT works.......

What's a "Check Engine light??????" :D :D :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    This is all just a plot to get you Americans on Canadian section.

16. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I thought that's what this thread turned into. ;)

All the best,
    Andrew.

17. OceanSky

OceanSky Karting

Jun 20, 2012
    Ocean Sky is broke, lives on the corner of Bay and Adelaide and drives his grocery cart filled with old pop cans and bottles....that's what the American's want to hear, let them have it...and now a moment of silence for the clinically brain dead individuals on Fchat........... :) :)

18. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Dude...

No one who called you out is brain dead (in fact many are quite successful and well respected in the finance world). No one is saying you are broke. No one is saying you are a jerk.

You said you can bring in a consistent 10-15% return every month.

Thats the Bigfoot of the financial world. Lots of people have claimed it but no one has been able to do it for any significant length of time. There have been people who have proven they did it for a few months to a year (there was a guy whose on line name was ATTILA a while back) but they ALWAYS blow up their account at some point.

My original statement still stands. If you can bring in 10-15% every month then why isnt everyone in this thread who is backing you up putting all their money into an investment account for you ?

The reality is if you could do it, you would be running a multi billion dollar fund and be worth 10 figures and on the cover of every financial magazine in the world.

19. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    In this market I would be very happy with a +5% return annually!

20. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Reza - you're probably a fine guy to party and have a beer with. No one's questioned your cars, and I'm sure you share your cars with others as most of us try to do. However, you also make certain claims that strain credulity. Some examples:

Champion poker player: http://www.freepressbox.com/news-check-raising-to-the-top-reza-mokhtarian-finally-reveals-his-hand-47934.html

Global macro-economist: http://www.freepressbox.com/news-reza-mokhtarian-exploits-the-us-debt-crisis-49465.html

Biochemist that found a "fountain of youth": http://www.pr-inside.com/high-profile-ceo-reza-mokhtarian-expands-r2978032.htm

Bashful philanthropist: http://www.prlog.org/11760940-corporate-ceo-reza-mokhtarian-looks-to-continue-his-war-on-poverty-in-2012.html

FX trader extraordinaire: http://www.prlog.org/11776290-reza-mokhtarian-sets-the-stage-for-new-investors-in-2012.html

Not only that, you went from being able to "deliver nearly 7 to 14 percent in returns for its clients on a monthly basis" in your news release to guaranteeing 15-30% on this forum.

All of those were written by Jeremy Greenway, the purported COO of FxCIB, your company, and most were written December 2011. Oddly though, there's no PR or awareness about you as a professional investor/trader other than what was written by your partner.

The question for people looking at you as a discretionary trading adviser is how solid are your claims, not whether you're a congenial guy to be around. When you combine your investment return claims with your other claims, there's a sense of extravagant hyperbole which causes a lot of users to think twice, thrice or more, about trusting you with $10,000, let alone $100,000 or $1M. So the question isn't "are you a nice guy", the question is "are your returns real?"

This question isn't being asked by envious users hoping to tear you down; a number of the users you are calling "brain dead" are experienced professional or private investors that have 8 or 9 figure net worth, have traded for decades, have generated double-digit returns themselves, and know what it's like to be in those trenches. In many cases they could put a portion of their personal or managed accounts into an FX hedge fund if they could have confidence that you will operate ethically, professionally and show a proven track record.

21. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Um . . .

wait . . .

huh? :D

22. OceanSky

OceanSky Karting

Jun 20, 2012
    Ok, my apologies to the people on here I know but now I'm getting a bit pissed off. I don't need to prove anything to people who are smaller than the rocks I walk on...if you don't have a pot to piss in than don't confront me, you want to confront me show up, show ME up and than talk. Until you can walk in my shoes, live my life and even minutely mirror me keep to yourselves. Just because you guys can't make those returns doesn't mean I can't. Did you buy your Exotics when you were in your early teens NO, did you even buy your cars cash? NO. So don't argue me when I say I return 15% a month because can you do it? NO. Do you get the women I get? NO Don't compare your lifestyle to someone who can do what he wants when he wants, I wasn't going to be a cocky dick but too bad. You want to argue any article, BRING IT ON, meet me in person ANYWHERE and take me on in ANY field of life....sick of negative people in this world who never made it so they think others can't either....you're like the same people who laughed at Ray Crock when he tried to sell a patty and two buns...and look how that story ended.

23. OceanSky

OceanSky Karting

Jun 20, 2012
    And you Americans that talk...I've spent enough time in the States to know your lifestyles...no one there has a pot to piss in, lives in the hopes that their 401k will blossom into an empire and rents their homes and leases their cars....I'd understand if you were in Hong Kong, Singapore or somewhere credible but you're in a country that has more financial issues than the bums on the streets, so check yourself before you wreck yourself ;)

24. AgentPenguin

AgentPenguin F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Feb 4, 2011
    Cali-forn-i-eh
    I hope you can step up and provide those references and demo account yo. I'd like to see you make everyone eat crow. I will personally defend you if you do that.

25. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Any chance you'll address these issues here? They've only been asked a few times so far.