Yet another 'what should I get' thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Yet another 'what should I get' thread

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by anunakki, Apr 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    He does have the E55 as well though. I suspect that grocery runs would be left for that car.

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Good point. Forgot about that.

3. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Well I bought a car today.

2002 Corvette convertible. White on tan. 58,000 miles. 6 spd. It was located 80 miles away but it was exactly what I wanted so I took the trip out and was happy I did. Its very well maintained. All records. One owner. It cost me 18k ! I find it amazing that so much car can be bought for so little these days. I just cant fathom why someone would spend $30k on a new base model mustang,etc when they could buy this car for $10k less...

I really got to experience the car on the 80 mile trip back home and here are my thoughts.

Its very comfortable. Second most comfortable car Ive owned after the Viper. The interior has some squeaks and rattles but I enjoy that kind of thing. Lots of plastic but I dont mind that at all. I was surprised by just how chintzy the radio and climate controls are...and whats with the window switches ?!?! Possibly the worst I have ever used.

However once I put the top down and bounced on the pedal all was perfect in the world. Nice amounts of torque (but no viper). Great road feel without making your teeth rattle (hey I come from a viper and F355 which are both more jolting than this car). Steering is tight.

Ill post pics tomorrow or monday. Though its only a vette so not like its anything you all havent seen a million times. Though the white is striking (to me) and Im going to tint the windows and throw on some black rims this summer.

Thanks for all the advice and comments.

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    nice choice. after all that discussion and searching you end up with what you thought you should get...I guess "gut feelings" can be right sometimes :)

5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Great choice Jerry! I figured you'd end up with the Vette. Enjoy.

6. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Congrats Jerry