Yet another color thread | FerrariChat

Yet another color thread

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Pesto, Jul 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pesto

Pesto Karting

Sep 22, 2004
    PalmBeachGardens,FL
    Full Name:
    Douglas A. Benson
    Can anyone here provide a list of which of the colors on the current configurator menu are "standard" and which are "extracampionario (= extrabudgetario )"?
    Thanks.

2. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Last time I checked the configurator it was fairly obvious: "standard" solid and metallics carry no extra cost, historic and specials do.

FWIW, Mugello (which I've seen it's been commented about in another thread) has always been a standard solid color, so no extra cost. Unless, of course, they changed that.

3. Pesto

Pesto Karting

Sep 22, 2004
    PalmBeachGardens,FL
    Full Name:
    Douglas A. Benson
    Thank you Rodolfo., this is what I thought but apparently when my dealer submitted my build sheet Rosso Mugello came up as extracampionario.
    I shall report back when I find out.

4. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    It hasn't been on the configuratior for a while. Which would mean it's out of the standard range.

5. Pesto

Pesto Karting

Sep 22, 2004
    PalmBeachGardens,FL
    Full Name:
    Douglas A. Benson
    #5 Pesto, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    Hello Simon. Perhaps your configurator in Australia is different than ours here in the USA, but it most certainly is present on the current Ferrari North America web site configurator. Either way it is, and will be, whatever Ferrari says it is in the end.

6. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    There you go. Learn something new everyday:).

7. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Just checked at Line Up - Ferrari GT - en-EN and Rosso Mugello is there within the standard range for the F12.

I am becoming some kind of colour nut and I really can't stop complaining about Ferrari's colour policy: new models come year after year but the colours stay the same. The no-extra-cost colour range is basically the same as 15 years ago. From time to time they even retire shades from the std range and make them extra costly (see Rosso Fiorano or Azzurro California). All new shades introduced with new models are crazy cost options...

So basically the policy is to keep charging crazy money except for the few obvious options of red-white-yellow-black and a bunch of 20-year-old metallics. Last new free colours I can think of were Grigio Silverstone which was introduced in the early 00's and Blu Abu Dhabi maybe? Not even sure about Mirabeau but might be somewhat "historic".

8. MaseratiCorse

MaseratiCorse Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Rosso Mugello is $28K in OZ.

9. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  10. Pesto

Pesto Karting

Sep 22, 2004
    PalmBeachGardens,FL
    Full Name:
    Douglas A. Benson
    That's funny...thank you. Pesto was the name of my cat when I first began using the internet and I have used it as a user ID ever since.

11. Pesto

Pesto Karting

Sep 22, 2004
    PalmBeachGardens,FL
    Full Name:
    Douglas A. Benson
    Just as a follow up, I learned today that Rosso Mugello is indeed a standard color for the North America market.

12. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Pesto,

Great news!! That's what I thought.

Best,

Mark

13. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    And so it is in Europe according to my dealer.

14. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    #14 haroonok, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017