Yet another CDN in Mexico gone | FerrariChat

Yet another CDN in Mexico gone

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MS250, Jan 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    So whats up with CDNs getting to Mexico and coming home in body bags this year ? Whats up with that ? If everyone from here stopped going, i bet they would feel that pinch....god knows the Americans cant stand them to much.

2. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    ...But let's face it they NEED them. Without cheap "illegal" labour, the US economy will suffer.

It always amazes me how the US has the technology to hit a bedroom in Iraq with a missile from cyberspace, yet they can't stop the (cheap) fruit pickers from wandering/swimming across the US/MEX border. I wonder why...;)

3. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I've been to Acapulco, Cancun, Cozumel, and will be going to the Baja next month. IMO Mexicans are very friendly, peaceful, and hard working.

I believe these murders are nothing more than random tragedies; cold blooded murders which happen quite often these days.

If a Mexican were to come to Toronto on vacation, and get beat up or shot in the club district, (or on Yonge st.!)I'm sure there would be equal disgust and panic back home in their country too.

People are getting overzealous because the media is so quick to jump on this topic because of its tabloid worthiness. If this young boy (R.I.P) was only run over accidentaly, it wouldn't even be covered by the media, and no one would ever care.

Be safe and respect everyone and everywhere you travel!

4. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

I have yet to hear in the headlines here in Canada that a tourist died via Murder. Therefore, you're point is not valid (Yet).

So, again, why is it happening there, and both times a potential cover up?

5. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Yes tourist have died right here in Toronto...remember downtown the Swedish couple in the hotel this summer? There are bad people everywhere in the world.

6. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Jay that was a murder suicide done by a foreigner. The German and two Swed's were just visiting and the guy killed the couple and himself.

However, I do agree and I am with you. I am sure there are a couple of better examples.

V..

7. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Never herd the follow up, thanks. But it did still happen here.

8. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Vasco beat me to that, but correct, it was not CDN citizens that inflicted.

But my point was Jay, that CDNs go there, and they were most likely murdered there, by locals...though not proven, but still highly likely.

9. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Yes, the Venezuelan exchange student who died in Toronto when the Empire theatre on Queen st. collapsed onto his office.

Not a "murder"; a supposed accident, but the demolition company was charged with manslaughter, so technically a homicide.....

10. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    oh brother.....yeah thats the same as getting you're throat slashed

11. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    Especially Toronto!

(I kid, I kid!)

12. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter

Correction: They were a SWISS couple and a German friend, all traveling from Switzerland to a tour of Canada. It happened on their first night in Canada. From what I read, I find it almost impossible to believe the version the police published: The Swiss guy stabbed his GF, the German friend and then himself....ALL with a Swiss army knife!

Apparently, everybody was heard laughing a short moment before the bodies were discovered...

Maybe TO's finest just wanted to make this a quick open/shut case to save money? - After all, they were "just tourists"...

13. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    You probably never hear of an immigrant being killed in Mexico, but in Canada you hear this all the time. Probably due to the fact that Mexico has about the same number of tourists as Canada has immigrants and vice versa...:)

14. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    Just got back from Puerto Vallerta (w/gal and kids) tonight....still breathing!

A few friends asked me before I left if the recent murders bothered/concerned me (this was before the most recent one...)
    I have to say....no. I've been to Mexico about 10 times in the last 8 years or so...and I've always felt safe there. Stangely enough, the area where the couple was killed earlier this year is considered to be one of the safest in Mexico (in the Playa Car tourist district "proper", they only allow workers in...no random natives....oh well...so much for that theory)

The truth is.....these grisly murders happen everywhere in the world...many right here in Toronto. Doesnt make any difference wether its locals or tourists getting killed...it can happen anywhere.

If you keep your eyes open and play it smart, you should be OK. But if your number comes up...I doubt it makes a difference where you are or if your on vacation or not.....

15. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    OH...and a belated HAPPY NEW YEARS to everyone!