YES!YES! Alkonso WILL be driving a Ferrari, 2010 at the latest!!!!! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

YES!YES! Alkonso WILL be driving a Ferrari, 2010 at the latest!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Julio Batista, Jul 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    Hamilton was in third when he hit Kimi, hardly his race.

2. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    Right but, Schumacher had a #2 driver that was just happy to be their for most of the time.....until he left.

3. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX

You make an interesting point Luis. IIRC just before last season started Alonso was asked who he thinks is his biggest competition. He said it was Kimi. I wonder if Alonso already has somewhat of a mutual respect for Kimi. If that's so, then there could be a chance that a Kimi/Alonso pairing might not be that destructive compared to what we saw with him and Lewis.

Just an observation.

4. Lindsay_Ross

Lindsay_Ross Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Lindsay Ross
    Seriously, the best post I have read in a long while. I completely agree with you 100%.

I've said this in a Massa thread while going on a tangent, but if Kimi is a 3x WDC by close of 2009, I could see him retiring 100% content and happy as can be (though this would only be after 9 seasons in F1.) Which would leave room for Alonso with no hesitation (though Massa would probably not be around since those 2.. yeah). The big question is, when will Kimi have enough? The team really seem to love him, and if these new rules get green lighted like Slicks and a major reduction in aero, it might just spark the interest Kimi has been desiring for so long.

I could potentially see Kimi, happy with the way F1 is heading in 2009, signing on for another 4 years, regardless of WDC count, because the racing could potentially be that awesome (what he's openly said he's wanted for years now).

If THAT is the case, I would foresee either of these 2 things: Alonso pulling a Michael and together with Fry and Brawn dragging Honda out of the doldrums. -OR- Getting a #1 seat at BMW alongside presumably Heidfeld, with Kubica signing with Ferrari alongside Kimi, and Massa being shown the road to Rubens-dom with a 2nd tier team. This is also not that far fetched.

5. Lindsay_Ross

May 14, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Lindsay Ross
    #130 Lindsay_Ross, Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
    I know they've never competed against each other on the same team, but Kimi and Alonso have both said that they have a good friendship and respect for each other.

To be honest, I don't think i could stand driving with Lewis as a teammate either.

But even if Kimi were wiping the floor with you, he is so non-bullsh*t, straight shooting, and out of the lime-light that it is sort of... non abrasive. It is not demoralizing to be beaten by Kimi. While I really think it is to be beaten by Hamilton because of the press, his age, McLaren as a team, his father, the rumors, the bling, the attitude, etc etc. Especially in the rookie season. BUT let's not forget, they did end the season tied in pts, if not the final position.

I wouldn't bet money on it, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Kimi and Alonso at Ferrari.

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    McLaren looks likely to retain its Santander sponsorship beyond the 2009 season, notwithstanding widespread reports that the Spanish bank wants to switch with Fernando Alonso to Ferrari.

It has now emerged that McLaren in 2010 and beyond will probably run with Abbey branding, which is Santander's UK subsidiary.

Santander is also in the process of another takeover - this time the British Alliance & Leicester bank - with a view to merging it with Abbey.

Santander began sponsoring McLaren last year, coinciding with Spaniard Alonso's ultimately ill-fated tenure with the Mercedes-powered outfit.

The latest rumour is that while the Santander branding is expected to switch to Ferrari in 2010, the Spanish company may want to continue to benefit from the huge interest generated by Lewis Hamilton's role at McLaren.

Indeed, at the recent British Grand Prix at Silverstone, title sponsor Santander ran joint Santander-Abbey signage on its trackside advertising.

7. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    +1000

8. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    And remember everyone complaining how boring it was? I like this a lot better: seeing the drivers compete with each other.
    I don't really care *which* Ferrari driver wins. ;)

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Agreed on that one.

10. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Possibly. But would Alonso accept a #2 driver role if Kimi was ahead after Monza?

Both Kimi and Phil are winning races, and we know Phil will act for the team's benefit.

I don't see that they need to change drivers.

Honda could use a star driver. Renault could benefit from Alonso getting more involved (rather than looking for a quick score).
    Ferrari already has a winning combination in the seats.

What the team needs more is to clean up their act in the pits and on the strategy table. That would benefit Ferrari far more than shuffling drivers.

11. Lindsay_Ross

May 14, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Lindsay Ross
    I agree. Ferrari have 2 drivers capable of winning in the machine they can produce, with apparently a group of pigeons that make the raceday strategies. Certainly human beings could not be making the decisions Ferrari have lately.

12. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005

A waste of a thread, eh? Read the 136 posts (for the moment), you might learn something.

13. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    But Julio, even after 138 posts, no one knows conclusively anymore about this subject that from post #1. Its still just a guess as to Alonso's future ride, and at this point, not a very educated one.

I would suggest that even Alonso doesn't know where he will be in 2010.

14. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX

+1

15. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX

Good point. That's why I'm still not psyched to see FA go to Ferrari. He's still too unpredictable.

Exactly!

16. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    You are right of course, we have no answers, and Alonso's ride is still a guess.

However, I do feel that after 140 posts our guesses might be a bit more educated; I think some very interesting and balanced points have been made by the usual experts (and I don't mean that sarcastically). Furthermore, only one poster has found it necessary to call Fernando Alonso "Alonsohole", and that gives a good indication of the level of the discussion.

And I will keep dreaming...:)

17. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Not agree, nothing was said wich wasn´t said before at Ferrarichat.

Vamos, que te tragaste la primera bola que apareció en el Marca y te has columpiado con lo de Viva Botín, juas.

18. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Julio, the one thing for sure in this thread is I know where your heart is. Dulce suenas!

19. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    It's possible the reason Raikkonen and Alonshole (sorry Julio, couldn't resist ;)) respect each other is because they haven't been teammates. Their rivalry has been fairly played out on the track. Prost and Senna didn't have it in for the other until Ayrton joined Alain at McLaren. I like to see two top drivers not having a drama play, but who's to say what would happen should they join up.

20. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    No leo el Marca, y mis fuentes están muy, pero muy alejadas de lo que tu puedas alcanzar.

En cuanto a bolas, el tiempo dirá...

21. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What "balls" you talking..muchachos..;)

22. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Steve, "bola" in Spanish does not have the same meaning as "balls" in English. A "bola" is an unfounded rumour.

The equivalent of "balls" would be "pelotas". :)

23. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Aha I see thanks..Julio, not my strongest language, I was trying to be clever playing with words...;)

24. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Only because I hadn't thrown my two pennies in yet :)

25. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Just testing to see who's awake.

Yeah... Thats the ticket.