YES!YES! Alkonso WILL be driving a Ferrari, 2010 at the latest!!!!! | FerrariChat

YES!YES! Alkonso WILL be driving a Ferrari, 2010 at the latest!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Julio Batista, Jul 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    #1 Julio Batista, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
    Glory be!

The best pilot will soon be driving the best car. I am so excited I cant even spell Fernando's family name!

Banco de Santander, the world's fifth largest bank, will AT LAST cancel its McLaren sponsorship. Emilio Botin, the bank's president, is rightly and royally pissed off at the shameful treatment of Fernando at the hands of Ron, Lewis, and his Daaaaaady.

Banco de Santander is cancelling its 15 million Euro sponsorship of McLaren, and will be paying 25 million Euro as of next year to..... Ferrari! YES!!!!!!!

Guess what Banco de Santander's color is ? RED! RED! RED!

Oh my God, this is the best news one could imagine. Money talks.!

Forza Ferrari! Forza Alonso! Viva Luca de Montezzemolo! Viva Emilio Botín!

Chew on that one, all of you Alonso haters. One of you in particular! (hint: his name on this board is a number).

Good news for Ferrai! Yall can rejoice!

Cheers!!!!!!

Julio

2. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    we already knew Santander will be a Ferrari sponsor starting 09, but the question is...how does that play into Alonso drive? we will find out soon enough i imagine. Here's the gig... Kimi wins the title again this year, retires early, and Alonso joins the squad...hmm...

3. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
  4. jssans

jssans Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Josh
  5. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Does this move put Masa halfway out the door?

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I hope so.

But more importantly having Alonso at Ferrari is fantastic news. I won't believe it until I see him test the scarlett cars, but the story definitely is encouraging.

Alonso/Vettel in the 2010 Ferrari, what a dream come true!

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +100000 Viva Batista

8. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Alonso and Vettel? No way. Massa may be unpredictable at times, but when he is on he is a great driver. Vettel has shown time and time again that he can not control the Formula 1 car. Having Alonso will make things more complicated. If he doesn't get his way is he going to go crying to another team and leave? He left Maclaren because he was being showed up by a younger rookie driver. Alonso has shown that his ego has more control over him than he has of it. I think Alonso coming to Ferrari is a bad move, but hey what do I know, it isn't my team to make those decisions.

9. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Don't get your hopes up Ferrari have been rather unimpressed with Alonso this year. I'm pretty sure they don't want the prima donna headaches as well.

10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

#10 DF1, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
    Between now and 2010 is a long way off. Who knows if this is true. Bild.....just has cute women on it, thats all you can count on. Luca has said no Kimi/Alonso pairing, doesnt want the headache. Kubica and Kimi makes more sense. Vettel.....makes a nice test driver. Red Bull owns him and he will replace DC. Kubica is free and makes a nice replacement for Massa if he is let go.

11. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    meh...alonso...meh

12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Raikkonen: I won't quit F1
    Eurosport - Thu, 10 Jul 21:23:00 2008

World champion Kimi Raikkonen has dismissed speculation that he will quit Ferrari and retire from Formula One in 2009.

Speculation has raged that the Finn was disillusioned with the sport and would walk out on his contract, with Fernando Alonso taking his place at Ferrari.

But Raikkonen, who jointly leads the points standings with Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa, told Italian sports daily Gazzetta dello Sport that such talk fell wide of the mark.

"I have not broken a contract in all my life, and I have no intention of doing so now. In 2009 I will be driving for Ferrari," he said.

Despite McLaren driver Hamilton's crushing victory at the British Grand Prix on Sunday, Raikkonen said he was not worried about Ferrari's relative lack of pace.

"I'm reasonably satisfied. The speed isn't lacking, but sometimes we haven't managed to put together all the elements and have not succeeded in exploiting all the potential at our disposal," he said.

"We haven't lost any speed; we just need a good, clean weekend."

Eurosport

13. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Considering how well Piquet Jr. is doing, I say the problem is not with Alonso but Renault. I may not be crazy about Alonso's antics off track, but the reality is that he is a darn good driver and is one of the top 3 in the field right now.

14. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Can't be.

15. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    So basically all this excitement is because a sponsor changed from McLaren to Ferrari which we already knew about...waste of thread IMO.

16. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    kinda waste of post, eh?

17. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Lol no kidding. If Santander is going with Ferrari then Alonso to the team is a done deal. It's just a matter of when. Why would they be going to Ferrari otherwise? They could have just followed Alonso to Renault then.

18. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    First of all, I want to congratulate the author of this post for his mature approach to the subject.

Second: link? And I mean: not a link to any kind of "speculation".

19. DMC308

DMC308 F1 Rookie

Aug 19, 2006
    Seattle/Noosa
    Full Name:
    D
    #19 DMC308, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Sounds good. I really hope this move will be confirmed sometime.

21. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Touche' ;)

22. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    interesting to note that, just because Massa had a terrible race last weekend, they're already saying he's gonna get replaced? what nonsense.

BTWS, is this sponsor thing really confirmed? i thought Marlboro has the right to have it's bar codes on the rear wings of the cars till 2012. suddenly this Spanish sponsor wants to take Fred to Ferrari and have their logos on the rear wing?

23. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    As an aside, I really like the onboard Ferrari shots. In the front facing view the nose is completely devoid of sponsor decals. Red only. I like that :)

24. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005

Thank you! This boards deserves no less!

25. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    #25 DGS, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
    Can't stop the thishful winking. ;)

I miss Giles and Rene. Lately, it seems that people have come to believe that you have to be a jerk to be a champion.

I'd have thought Kimi would have disproved that, but you guys have him already retired. :confused: