Yellow 308 GTS in Vemont? | FerrariChat

Yellow 308 GTS in Vemont?

Discussion in 'New England' started by lor2435, May 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lor2435

lor2435 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2005
    NYC
    Saw a spectacular 308 GTS at the driving range in Williston last week and again at the driving range on spear st.

First post! Long time lurker.

2. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I guess that spotting a Ferrari in The Green Mountain state is not that common.

Cheers,

Bernie

3. carb308vt

carb308vt Karting

Apr 12, 2005
    NYC/Vermont
    Full Name:
    Craig M
    It's actually more common than you think. The roads here are the most like Europes anywhere in the States. The one drawback is the weather but the weather is worse (at least colder) in Montreal. Besides with Montreal so close it's easy to take the cars in. This weekend is the FCA/New england meet here in Stowe.
    I also see pleinty of Montrealers bring their F-cars down :)

4. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    ...guilty as charged. I love touring Grand Isle and upper Vermont.

5. lor2435

lor2435 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2005
    NYC
    At this time of the year i see very few, but there is a GREAT Ferrari meet on Church Street in June. I didn't go last year but the year before there was a Yellow Enzo (the only one i've seen here in the states) All told the meet had about 20 cars or so mostly classic.

This weekend is the FCA/New England?!!! I'm there. See you saturday!!!

6. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
  7. lor2435

lor2435 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2005
    NYC
    I'm not sure what was in Stowe, but there were a few Ferrari's there for some get together. 575, 550, Testarossa, 360, Porsche GT3 great stuff. the weather was terrible, though.

Speedracer38 is that Enzo in your name the same one that was in Vermont a few years ago??

8. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Really? That's a surprise to me, because I'm actually typing this in Stowe, VT, where I organized the FCA/NER Vt Ramble weekend. :)

Dan360 is up here, along with a couple of other FChatters. We've got three 550s, a pair of TRs, a Stradale, another 360, a Maserati coupe, a 308 GTS, a 456, and some other nice machinery. Rain held off for almost our entire morning drive, 150+ miles at some, um, pretty fun speeds. Great food, drink, company, prizes, scenery and FUN.

Lor2435, were you standing in the rain this morning?!? You should have said hello!

(dunno why this event doesn't show up on our FCA website right now, I suspect that it's because the event is happening RIGHT now and the software doesn't know whether to show it as "past" or "coming". But if you go to the home/front page, click on the appropriate picture or the news banner, and it takes you there.

http://asp1.walkontheweb.com/fca/events_more.asp?id=11117

vty,

--Dennis

9. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    oooooooooooooooooooooo that shut you up Jason!

10. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    People CAN make mistakes.

11. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    yeah I know, I'm just joking around with Jason.

12. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Yeah that was a mistake on my part :) I always check e FCA/NER site for events and didn't see anything for this weekend so I figured someone got the dates mixed up. I'm glad everyone is having fun up there!

13. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Most likely. Did it have CT plates?

14. lor2435

lor2435 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2005
    NYC

Yes Sir, great car.

BigHead
    I stopped by late saturday afternoon and missed the STRADLE! the 550's, the TR's and the 360 were all i saw. to bad for the terrible weather, hope the drive was nice anyway!
    Liam

15. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    The Stradale was still there - just parked out in the back lot, where it's more convenient to that wing of rooms. The drive was really very nice - I think we had the only nice weather in New England on Saturday morning! It remained dry for about 90% of the drive, requiring sunglasses for much of it. The rain came in when we stopped in St. Albans for lunch (scallops, steak, blueberry cobbler), and during the afternoon when most of us were in the pool, in the spa, or hitting the bar!

vty,

--Dennis