Yeah baby.... VIR Karting ! | FerrariChat

Yeah baby.... VIR Karting !

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Ricambi America, Jul 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#1 Ricambi America, Jul 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Mrs. Eclipse185 has plenty of pictures to post, but this event was more fun than we should be allowed to have! Imagine a bunch of Ferrari guys, in karts with no fear of crashing, 30K services, stone chips, or police...

Schumi ain't got nothin' on this group.

THANK YOU to everyone that made this event so much fun!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. eclipse185

eclipse185 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    For those of you that have been waiting for more photos, please be patient. We just got back from Virginia and I for one am still sore from the Karting at VIR. My arms, chest, and shoulders from driving and my stomach from laughing at the videos which were watched numerous times. On Sunday I tried to demonstrate my skill on a PWC in a similar way demonstrated in the Kart at VIR. Robert and Adam were not impressed on Sunday either. All I know is that by this morning I could hardly move. Is this what old age feels like? Hopefully, we will get those photos posted on Monday.

3. eclipse185

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    #3 eclipse185, Jul 5, 2005
  4. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

#4 Ricambi America, Jul 6, 2005
  5. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    Daniel,

Thanks for the laugh. I dug the captions. When are you "maniacs" (with all due respect!!) hitting the track, again? Dane

6. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    I must admit... it was a blast.

However, spinning JRR out was probably the highlight of my day!

Hehe

7. NeuroSpeed

NeuroSpeed Karting

Feb 27, 2005
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam Whitener
    I need to lose some weight and shrink a few inches.

Then Eddie and Steve wouldn't stand a chance!

Not to be a braggart or anything, but hey, if I can pass people on the track in an Enterprise Kia Optima... just imagine what I could do with a car that has >30 hp!

Thanks again Daniel for coming up with the idea! When are we doing it again?

8. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

...actually...

We can go karting again real soon. BUT, I've got another idea up my sleeve for the local tifosi. It's not motorsports oriented, but I think it'd be a TON of fun, and allow to to take our aggression to the next level.

Rather than spill the beans, I'm thinking that I might simply tell everyone "Bring $50 and meet me at Sport Auto on x-day. We'll caravan to our destination and you'll then learn what we're doing"

Would people be adventurous enough to try that?

9. eclipse185

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    I have no fear, or much common sense either, so you can count me in for what ever you have planned as long as it does not conflict with a scheduled track event.

10. eclipse185

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    BTW the photo of you sitting peacefully was the ONLY time that occurred. I am sure Sam was just retaliating for some previous infraction or invasion into his space on your part. I don't know if you knew it or not, but you were everyone's target by the end so don't act so innocent. The video will reveal it all.

11. NeuroSpeed

NeuroSpeed Karting

Feb 27, 2005
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam Whitener

Sounds like Paintballing to me...

Oooops. Did I ruin the surprise?

12. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Consider yourself uninvited. Those of use of legal drinking age will simply go elsewhere. :)

13. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    Hey give us 5 more months (to the day) and we'll be 21, so don't think you can get away from us for too much longer... hehehe.

But oh well, we'll be turning 21 during school, so it wouldn't be too easy for us to find you anyways...

Karting really was a lot of fun... I'm wondering what the next thing will be. But if you aren't gonna tell us, it would be kinda difficult for adam and I to justify attending since we are about 4 hours away from Greensboro... but hmm... maybe that was your plan all along! :)