Yeah baby............Heidfeld Wins Williams Seat ! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Yeah baby............Heidfeld Wins Williams Seat !

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by FLATOUTRACING, Jan 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Er, but we ARE talking about it ... :D :D :D

Happy New Year Imperial ;)
    Pete

2. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Happy New Year to you too. Welcome to another year of Ferrari victories and dominance. :)

If talking is stating the obvious, then sure we are talking! :D :D :D

3. Tuco

Tuco Karting

Mar 10, 2004
    Texas
    I for one am hoping for another "boring" season with respect to victories and dominance by the team from maranello.
    One day this era of dominance is going to come to an end.
    We are watching history everytime Schumacher goes to work.
    So I am going to "fricken" relish in it while I can.
    Ferrari a lo maximo!

It is going to be exciting to watch MW and NH in their new seats.
    And to see KR with his new @$$ *&^& teamate
    My bet (providing his engine does'nt explode with regularity) is Kimi is going to have a great year. I think he also has some greatness in him.
    We shall soon see.

4. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I assume you meant on the grid as far as teams are concerned.

01-Sauber 4th,
    02-Sauber 5th,
    03-Sauber 6th,
    04-Jordan 9th.
    Seems like points would naturally go down as the cars became less competitive.

But then again, we wouldn't actually know how fast the Jag is, Webber never had a good teammate.

Oh, I forgot the magic "sparkle". When has Nick not done that? You are saying these generalities as fact with no evidence at all.

Alesi over the top? What reasoning are you using? He trounced Johnny Herbert in 98, and competed well against Berger in 96-97. In 99 he faced a no-name and then in 00 he faced Heidfeld. At what point was he over the hill? At what point did he lose speed? Has Schumacher lost speed?
    Kimi only stood out because it was his first year. If both had been in their second years I highly doubt Kimi's drives would have stood out over Heidfelds. In fact, maybe if Heidfeld hadn't started in a Prost he would have caught some attention his first year. Oh wait, he did catch attention, he was McLarens next driver!
    Massa certainly is fast *now*. I don't think anyone can say he was a poor performer in 2004. You, of all people, must applaud him for being the one who overtook the most in the 2004 season. :) 2002 might have been a different story.
    Frentzen has traditionally been a good qualifier though. Heidfeld beat him.

Prost was essentially a rolling turd. 2001/2002 were in the less rewarding point system. Nick's scores would be substantially higher if that were incorporated in your thought process. Mark Webber got virtually all of his points under that system so he benefitted much more in your comparison.

Nick:
    2000: 1 point
    2001: 28 points
    2002: 20 points
    2003: 6 points
    2004: 3 points

Total: 58 points

Mark:
    2002: 5 points
    2003: 17 points
    2004: 7 points

Total: 29 points

Not nearly as close as you would imply. We could use the 2002 points system for all years in question if you would like as well.

Nick:
    2000: 0 points
    2001: 12 points
    2002: 7 points
    2003: 2 points
    2004: 0 points

Total: 21 points

Mark:
    2002: 2 points
    2003: 3 points
    2004: 1 point

Total: 6 points

This is not a Mark bashing post. I think he is a great driver, but I don't think he has been adequately measured against someone who is fast. Nick is fast, he has proven it against known competition.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Couldn't agree more. Looking forward to see how both of them will do. Personally I think neither of them has the stuff for a World Champion, but I'm sure both will end up on the podium at some point. And I think Williams learned their lesson with the radical tusks last year and will put together a solid and fast car for these drivers. May the faster man prevail!

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Good post Mr Payne. I also agree that he need to be adequately measured against somebody who is fast (all drivers do) ... and that is why I have been hoping very hard that he gets a real team mate. Nick's not brilliant (in my eyes) but he is a solid performer and will be his best team mate yet. I was actually hoping (for Mark's sake only) that Jensen would be his team mate ... but JB's real home is Honda (as I have stated many times).

Thus yes bring it on. I believe Mark will rise the challenge, and for Nick's sake I hope he does too. Let the battle commense :).

Pete
    ps: And yes Alesi had passed his use by date ... that is why he was driving the 'rolling turd' called a Prost. Nobody else wanted him.
    BTW: Herbert was not anybody to get excited about ... and Berger was only good on the days when the Moon and Mars were aligned at a certain unknown position ... not rated in my books. When Ferrari had Berger and Alesi as their drivers ... well lets just say they lacked in the driver department, and when they both moved to Benetton, well that was convincingly proved.

Alesi looked like he was going to be a star when he started F1 ... but he ended up being way to emotional and unable to win. Probably would have been better driving for an cold clinical English team ... but his heart ruled his head and he was sucked into Ferrari. What a pity!

7. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    hmmm...all of a sudden JB is no longer in the picture as a contender....

8. Tuco

Tuco Karting

Mar 10, 2004
    Texas
    #33 Tuco, Feb 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think Jenson Button is a contender.
    Not in the league of the meister but certainly against MW (whom I hope does well) btw. and NH.
    I ran into JB last year at Indy at a restaurant on sat night. sat next to him.
    Very nice person. Me and my friend were only ones to recognize him. (and Sato). Only in america can they get away with that. A welcome relief for them for sure.
    Providing he has a competitive car he will be with the program.
    Watch and see.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think JB proved that he can drive based on last season's results. I'm just amazed that everyone is so high on the two Williams drivers when they have not proven jack.

These guys still need to out drive MS, RB, JPM, KR, JB, RS, JT, FA, TS before they can get the well earned accolades. Since they're with Williams now there are no more excuses for not putting forth a respectable performance.

10. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    How long is Heidfeld's contract? 1 year deal?

People are saying Button is going to Williams in 2006 and Davidson will be replacing him at BAR. But what if Heidfeld does well...They won't just get rid of him.

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    DER, this thread IS about Heifeld winning the remaining Williams seat ... has nothing to do with JB (other than he was in the running for the seat a while ago).

Thus this thread is not a who is going to be the next WC (after MS) but a discussion of MW versus NH ... thus the current Williams drivers.

So JB is most definitely not a contender for the remaining Williams seat ... but if Honda build a good car yep maybe for a few race wins. Very unlikely for a WC, 'cause Honda do not know how to win a race yet let alone a WC ... one step at a time. That is why JB was prepared to sell his grand mother to prostitution to get the Williams seat ... and showed no class in the process!

Pete

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hmm, not so fast: We really don't know all the details that went on. I remember something from Richards not being willing to pay bonus point salary for podiums. And Richards is no longer with the company despite an otherwise successful year.
    I'm not saying JB is without blame, but I wouldn't want to point the finger at either party.

13. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    #38 Anthony_Ferrari, Feb 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    From http://www.sniffpetrol.com/index.html

Nick Heidfeld, trying to be Brazilian, yesterday.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login