Yeah baby............Heidfeld Wins Williams Seat ! | FerrariChat

Yeah baby............Heidfeld Wins Williams Seat !

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by FLATOUTRACING, Jan 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=23399

Yahooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!

Finally he gets a half decent seat. Weber better be on his game. I've thought this kid had great potential since he won German F3 (back when that meant something) and F3000.

I sure as hell hope Williams give him a decent car.

Go Nick !!!!!!!

Heidfeld will be zooming by at an F1 track near you.

Pizza boy will be zooming by your house with a "Dominos" sign on his ride !

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.com

2. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!

3. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Great news !! he has really earned this drive, at last he gets to show what he can do.

4. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
  5. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    YES! Well earned by quick-Nick. That should make for an interesting duo next year. Funny how he was meant to be a McLaren driver, and now ends up at Williams.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not totally sure on this (I might confuse Nick with Frentzen), but doesn't he still hold to this date the hill climb record for Goodwood? Done in a Mc Laren F1 and he was allowed to actually go flat out.

7. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Isn't it shocking to see when they unleash the F1 cars amongst those hay bails? Great stuff. I'm not sure either, but if it was recent I'd tend to think it was Nick and not HHF.

Again, I'm really excited for NH. He is a F3 Champ who almost became a never-was a la David Hobbs' "plateau theory." This is a key break for his career, I really hope he can capitalize on it.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I found a reference:
    http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/magazine/3700.asp?id=11525

So Quick Nick was (and probably still is) the official record holder. He might remain that forever cause yeah, it is scary if you let a F1 go flat out up the hill with only hay in between the wheels and the spectators.

When I saw his car at Goodwood I was actually more amazed about the fact, that it was a Mc Laren.

At any rate, I hope the 2005 Williams goes like crazy so we will finally know the net worth of either driver.

9. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    It will be interesting to see how he does in a good ride. It didn't look like he was going to get the chance before.

10. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    With Williams Heidfeld now has a chance to get even with Kimi after he beat him for the McLaren drive some years ago

11. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Yes!!
    Quick Nick has the jod!
    Watch out Webber. :)

12. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    #12 F1racer, Jan 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    As much as I'm happy for Nick I feel somewhat for Pizzaboy. The difference to Nick wasn't that big and having seen Frank in the past I bet Nick will continue to feel the pressure. A reversal of fortune is never out of the question.

14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This is actually great for Webber. Webber really wanted Button in the team as he wants a strong team and too be pushed.

He will beat Nick and hopefully Nick will perform really well this year and thus make Webber lift his game.

Webber is an Aussie battler and loves a challenge ... and thus needs to be pushed. Great choice Williams on both drivers, and I wish Nick the best of luck also.

Pete
    ps: 100% gunning for Webber this year ... Ferrari and MS does not need my support anymore, and for the sake of competition, I hope Williams (and McLaren and others) make a cracker of a car this year!

15. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I picture these two as good teammates. While both are out to prove something, there doesn't seem to be that immature axe to grind as with past Williams teammates.

16. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Excellent point!, and I agree.

Pete

17. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I guess this is as good a time as any to reiterate my "pick to click" for '05 is Webber. I stand by that. Carry on.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ok Jack, you may use Webber twice for this year's F1 Fantasy League. I'll pick JPM twice instead...
    :)

19. vtandon

vtandon Rookie

Aug 3, 2004
    This is excellent. Nick Heildfeld is an amazing driver. He got screwed from Mclaren and I am sure it affected his confidence. This is his time to show his real potential. Just take a look at his record compared to Mark Webber. Note his accomplishment as F3000 champion in his second year. He finished an impressive second place in the championship the first year, when Montoya won it. He was Montoya's rival.

Nick Heidfeld
    Karting
    1988 Karting, Club Kerpen-Mannheim
    1990 Karting, Nordrhein-Westfalen DMV, 1°
    1991 ADAC Junior Trophy, 3°
    1992 Karting Junior, Germany, 5°
    1993 Karting FA
    1994 F. Ford 1600, Germany, 1°
    1995 F. Ford 1800, Germany, 1° / F. Ford, Germany, 2°
    1996 F3, Germany, 3°
    1997 F3, Germany, 1°
    1998 F3000, 2°
    1999 F3000, 1° / F1 (McLaren), test driver
    2000 F1 (Prost GP), 0 point
    2001 F1 (Sauber), 8°, 12 points
    2002 F1 (Sauber), 10°, 7 points
    2003 F1 (Sauber), 14°, 6 points

Mark Webber

Karting Junior, Australia
    1992 Karting NSW & ACT, Australia, 1°
    1993 King of Karting, Australia, 1° / Karting, Canberra Cup
    1994 F. Ford, Australia
    1995 F. Ford
    1996 F. Ford Festival, 1°
    1997 F3, England
    1998 GT (Mercedes)
    1999 GT (Mercedes)
    2000 F3000, 3°
    2001 F3000, 2° / F1 (Benetton), test driver
    2002 F1 (Minardi), 16°, 2 points
    2003 F1 (Jaguar), 10°, 17 points

20. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    While interesting, comparisons of lesser formulae do not always show if they have it or not. Obviously Nick clicked in F3000, but his F1 performances have mean mediocre ... and since 2001 he has been going backwards.

Webber on the other hand was good in F3000 and improving (and importantly a race winner not just a points getter ... as I am sure Nick was too) and since joining F1 he has improved EVERY year (I'm just going to check that 2004 was also an improvement ... EDIT: Only 7 points in 2004 thus that was a bad year, but I blame that on Jaguar pulling out).

That is why I rate Webber over many others, 'cause he is just getting better and better. Also Nick has never impressed in qualifying ...

Pete

21. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    For no good reason.

Actually Nick tied the record for number of wins in F3000, which Montoya had set the year before. Certainly not just a "points getter".

Nick hasn't really shown deprovement. Can you give a specific instance of that? Also, I'm not quite sure how you can say that he hasn't impressed in qualy. He's raced against teammates which decimate anyone Webber has raced against and he beat them.

Nick's teammates: Alesi, Kimi, Massa, Frentzen...
    Webber's teammates: Yoong, Davidson, Pizzonia, Wilson, Klien...
    I think you'll see a marked difference between the two rows...the first row contains "good" people. The second row seems "not so good".

I think your vision is clouded by Aussie blood.

22. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    What does that mean?
    I did not say that Nick was just a points getter ... I said that I am sure Nick was a race winner too.
    F1 points scored since he started in F1 ... going down every year since 2001.
    Webber stuck a Jaguar on 2nd place on the grid ... twice I believe (EDIT: I'm wrong, only once). What is Nick's highest grid position ... is it < 10th?
    EDIT: Checked http://www.formula1.com/insight/driver/16/4.html and 4th once is his highest grid spot.
    Agree, and agree that he is an okay racer ... but that is not enough, he lacks sparkle, that something special that raw speed. Remember Webbers fight back last year (after a very poor start to the race) ... fantastic and super aggressive passing. Yep he cr@pped out, but team bosses would have loved that commitment and raw speed.
    Agree, except for these comments:
    - Alesi, passed his prime and overdue for retirement.
    - Kimi, while Nick might have finished the year better than Kimi ... Kimi stood out and Nick didn't. Kimi has that something special, that raw speed. Nick has yet to demonstrate that. The fact that Kimi could in the same car ... is telling to me.
    - Massa, well you all know what I think of Massa. My son (who is 3 years old) could currently drive better than Massa ... and crash less. He is a complete waste of space ... infact Yoong is better at keeping the car on the black stuff. EDIT: Sorry son for even comparing you to this driver ...
    - Frentzen, a driver I do not rate, as he takes 10 laps or so to wake up and start driving. Read all the books, this has always been his problem ... and by then the race is over, and Nick has probably snuck passed and now Frentzen cannot get passed.
    While I am actually not an Aussie ... there is some truth in this comment, and hence I will be passionately supporting our man this year. GO MARK!

Pete
    ps: Important statistics from www.formula1.com:

Mark Webber:
    Started in: 51 races
    Points scored: 26
    Seasons: 3

Remember his first year was in a Minardi, then he has been in the below par Jaguar.

Nick Heidfield:
    Started in: 85 races
    Points scored: 28 ... but he has achieved a podium once!
    Seasons: 5

Driven Prost, Sauber and Jordan's. To be fair Jordans probably are below Jaguars ...

23. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Nick Hiedfield is going to put an end to all this Mark Webber histeria that has been going on once and for all. Webber is not the driver that many people make to be. Yes of course Webber is a good classy racer, but certainly not World Champion material. Heidfield on the other hand is a performer. He can perform under pressure. The current testing battle with Pizzonia for a driver's seat certainly has proved it.

Webber is a professional but cant compete at the top. Heidfield is a consistent driver that given the right car can perform at the top.

24. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Isn't this great ... F1 finally has something interesting to talk about!!!

I just cannot wait for this battle. Fnck Ferrari and MS ... long lost interest.

Pete

25. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    No! Actually there is nothing to talk about. Nick Hiedfield is going to send Webber back to driving school.

Michael Schumacher and Ferrari are going to win the World Championships.

And you are going to continue hating F1 and think that it is boring. :)