Ye Old Wheel Shop vs Wheel Worx - Maryland | FerrariChat

Ye Old Wheel Shop vs Wheel Worx - Maryland

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by 4re4me, Jul 25, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re4me

4re4me Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2006
    Wickenburg, AZ
    Full Name:
    Barbara
    Any experiences good/bad with either place or any other recommendations.
    Need to have an OZ wheel repaired - not bent, just screwed up brushing a curb.

2. potxoli

potxoli Formula 3

Mar 22, 2007
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Eric B.
    ye old wheel shop repaired a magnesium 355 wheel to my satisfaction. It had a piece of rim missing at the very edge (about 1/3") and they filled it with their welding machine, sanded and spot painted it (I did not want a full paint since then I would have had to do all 4 wheels to make sure they matched). I can't even see where they did this work anymore.

3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Never had anything reapired there, but have heard all good news about Ye Ole Wheel shop

4. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    I had 3 sets of abused, junk yard allow wheels for my Volvo completely redone at Ye Olde Wheel Shop with great results. Very impressive work. Also had the occaisional ding taken out of other daily driver wheels there, again with no problems, only praise. When passing by, I routinely see at least some ferrari/Lambo or other high end wheels in there.

Mike

5. Rafienva

Rafienva Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2004
    North Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Ralph(Rafi) Cestero
    Ye old wheel shop has been around for many years and has a good reputation.

6. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Anyone have an idea what their prices are like for fixing some minor scratches on a wheel?

7. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    My brother was going to use wheel worx when a pot hole hit his Audi and trashed one of his wheels. As it turned, the wheel was not repairable and instead of fixing it and ripping him off they explained what was wrong and suggest a new wheel. I was checking out some of the repaired wheels in the shop and it looks like they do a great job and take great care in making sure things are right. Hope this helps.

8. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    #8 mr_bock, Jul 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ye Ole Wheel Shoppe did a fine job repairing a bent rim and polishing of my Kinesis three piece rims for my 993 Porsche.

I had the wheels taken apart, I glass beaded the center sections and had them gold color anodized. YOWS reassembled the wheels, mounted/balanced the tires.

I am very pleased with the results!!!!!!!! Oh, by the way, the center caps are 'no-turn technology' as the crest stays upright at any speed!!!!! Very cool IMHO.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    that i would like to see.

10. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It was ugly, he told me it used jedi tricks to pull it off. Stop by Deeps house, he has a couple of my cds you can burn.

11. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Had wheelworx do 2 wheels for my BMW. I guess potholes seek out German cars for some reason. I was satisfied with there work.

12. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #12 285ferrari, Jul 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I tried those Jedi mind tricks on Steve the other day...Here you see me in action--As you can see, Steve is dumbfounded---
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    weird, he always seems dumb founded to me.

14. 4re4me

4re4me Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2006
    Wickenburg, AZ
    Full Name:
    Barbara
    wow - cool - would love my horses to all be in sync.

15. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    i saw a suv with the whole wheel (cover?) that did that. pretty cool. as he drove, it looked like his wheels were not turning.

16. Kleemann CLK55

Kleemann CLK55 Karting

Mar 22, 2007
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Ahmad
    mr_bock- Nice wheels! How much did they charge and how long did it take?

17. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Found another place and option for wheel repair. Never knew they were down here. Nationwide Wheel Repair here in Waldorf. Supposedly they have contracts with some of the MB and Bimmer dealers in the DC area. Went there today and saw 2 Lambo wheels and a Maybach wheel they had just repaired. The Maybach belongs to one of the Redskin players is what the guy told me...Very professional setup--Tons of computer systems and balancing machines, etc...I have the number if anyone needs it..

18. 4re4me

4re4me Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2006
    Wickenburg, AZ
    Full Name:
    Barbara
    Good to know but a bit out of my way - did stop by Ye Old Wheel - close to my office - they checked over and gave an estimate of $100 - they moved from there previous place but not too far off Rt. 1 north area near Elkridge.

Thanks to everyone for the input. Once I have repaired - I'll post.