Yay! new camera... | FerrariChat

Yay! new camera...

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by CarreraGT, Jun 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CarreraGT

CarreraGT Karting

Mar 23, 2006
    Well last night I graduated from Newark High School, it's been a long journey already but hopefully I'm ready for what's to come. I'm taking a year off to save up because I want to go to the Art Institute of Miami or Fort Lauderdale next year(got accepted this year but would've been a struggle). So instead of a computer or anything else, I chose to get a new camera for my graduation present. Picked up a basic Nikon D40 yesterday and I love it. I know it's nothing special compared to most SLR cameras but I'm used to the $100 point and shoot ones. Anyways, I'm looking to be constantly using this thing, so if anyone in the area(I live in Newark DE, but constantly up in Greenville and 202/PA area) has a car that they'd like photographed, let me know. I'd love any chance I can get to practice with my new camera. So drop me a PM or comment or something and let me know!

-Wes

2. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Hey, Wes its good to hear your pursuing your art passion.Why dont you come up to the Starbucks on Rt 202 North of the PA/DE line at 8:00 AM on Saturday morning. We ae trying to get a group together for a rally and it starts with coffee at 8:00AM. We plan to leave around 9:00 AM for a rally somewhere so arive early. Some pretty nice stuff to photograph!!! Good luck on your career pursuits. Jon in Delaware PS we have met before as I live in Newark and my son and daughter attended Newark. Son is Chris,Daughter is Chelsea.

3. CarreraGT

CarreraGT Karting

Mar 23, 2006
    Hey Jon, I still have to get you some artwork that I talked about oh so long ago haha. My old comp crashed with all the pictures I took that one morning of your GT3. But if you would still like some artwork, I'm up for it, out of school now and I have to find ways to keep in practice. And me and my bro are definately coming up to the Starbuck's meet very soon. We tried to make it last weekend but some things happened and couldn't. Hopefully we can get his new straight pipes welded up before hand so it's nice and loud for the run!

4. CarreraGT

CarreraGT Karting

Mar 23, 2006
    #4 CarreraGT, Jun 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. JohnnyDents

JohnnyDents Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2007
    philadelphia
    great pic's bro, you have a true talent.

6. CarreraGT

CarreraGT Karting

Mar 23, 2006
    #9 CarreraGT, Jun 11, 2007
  7. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    you have a good eye. keep it up.

8. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Pics look awesome!!!!

9. THE BEAST 360

THE BEAST 360 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nathan K
    Cool pic's of the car!

10. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    wow...thats really good...

ya...def come to the Saturday Morning meets...

11. CarreraGT

CarreraGT Karting

Mar 23, 2006
    Thanks guys for the kind words. Anyone going up this Saturday? I know some won't be there but if anyone wants to do a photo run let me know and I'll talk to my bro and see if we can come up in his 911. We've found tons of great spots on the backroads up in that area to take pics, basically driving around for a few hours a day and just see what we run into.

12. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
    You should have also asked for some batteries for the camera, looks like you are using it a lot, LOL have fun!

13. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    Nice pictures, that camera makes awsome pic's

14. NomadM3

NomadM3 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Damon
    You can come shoot my car anytime you want. I go to school and live right in Newark. I only have a G35, but i've been looking to have some pictures taken of it. PM me if you want and we can set something up.

15. CarreraGT

CarreraGT Karting

Mar 23, 2006
    #18 CarreraGT, Jun 12, 2007
  16. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Nice shots, what lens and filter (if any) are you using?

17. CarreraGT

CarreraGT Karting

Mar 23, 2006
    #21 CarreraGT, Jun 18, 2007
    Very cool drive today. Did a short wicked run with this Ferrari. Met the owner and he let me take some pics when we stopped to talk. The gentleman was a very cool guy, very nice. Hope to see you again on the road sometime soon! Then on the way home we headed back into newark as the front of a bright yellow bull comes towards us. Made the first U-turn possible and flew to catch up. Followed all the way from newark to Greeneville. Talked to the owner, picked it up last monday and when asked how it drove and how he liked it so far he replied, "alright". Cool car, the looks people gave to both he and my bro's 911 were priceless as we were side by side in traffic.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. enzogtrx

enzogtrx Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Nice!

I got my D40 in December and love it. I hope you have a great time with it as it is an awesome camera!

19. CarreraGT

CarreraGT Karting

Mar 23, 2006
    #24 CarreraGT, Jun 23, 2007
  20. whatsupofficer

whatsupofficer Formula Junior

May 25, 2007
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Carlos
    Great camera , greater pictures very good eye... Keep posting ! It's cool to look at your perspective.