Yard Sale Find | FerrariChat

Yard Sale Find

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Crazyhorse, Apr 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2007
    Mooresville,Nc (Race
    Full Name:
    Bill Long
    #1 Crazyhorse, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sat am my wife drug me with her to several yard sales in the Lake Norman Mooresville area.We stopped at one really beautiful home in an affulent neighborhood and i was comenting on how nice the home and garage was laid out and i mentioned that if i hit the Powerball lottrey i would have a place like this only with an additional garage for all my Ferraris.We went to the garage and looked around and didin't see much just nick nacks,baby clothes and so on,then i noticed what appeared a small knife collection.I ask the young guy (maybe 25) if he collected and he said no they had belonged to his grandfather.I noticed a small basket that had maybe 10-12 of the same knives in it and i picked one up to look at it.It was a wooden handeled swiss army style knife with the blades,corkscrew,saw blade,scissors and of course a phillips screwdriver but on one side of the wooden handle was ''Ferrari'' and the prancing horse! I ask the guy the story of the knives and he said his grandfather (Mr Fika'' i believe) was a huge Ferrari enthusiast and owned a 246 Dino.Unfortunately he had passed and his uncle had bought the car and taken it to Florida.The story goes his grandfather had these knives made for the members of his Ferrari club.The price was $5.00,and i had to have one.Does any one here know anything about this gentleman and or his Dino?I wish now i had bought more of the knives.Pics enclosed,sorry for the poor pics just used wife's small digital.
    Bill
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. zjhoward

zjhoward Karting

Dec 15, 2007
    Full Name:
    Zachary Howard
    I remember seeing a yellow Dino in South Charlotte maybe 12 years ago. It was yellow, and it was parked at a Kinko's. I wonder if it was the same one?