XPEL Stealth Wrap on My Cali | FerrariChat

XPEL Stealth Wrap on My Cali

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by russellmcg, Jul 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I just got back from picking my car up where I had them put an XPEL stealth wrap on it. At first, I was not sure if I was going to like it or not but once I saw it in the sun, I really dig it!

Now I just have to decide if I want to get my rims powder coated or leave them as is. I also might get carbon fiber vents for the side.

What do you guys think?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Looks great

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Nice McG!

I'd live with it a while before deciding on the tires.
    If it were me, I'd first think about getting tint on the windows. Doesn't look tinted, but could be the pics.

Other mods that night look nice with your new wrap are CF shields and hood badge.

T

4. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    nice pics. can you shoot some from little bit of distance? car looks gorgious.

5. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Thanks David!

6. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Yeah. I think I am going to hold tight on the wheels for now. Having them this way is starting to grow on me. I actually have the windows tinted as dark as they can be legal. It's weird that they look this way in the photo.

I had thought about the CF option but wonder how hard it would be to do now that the wrap is on. I have never removed the badges before, is it pretty straight forward?

7. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Thanks! I am actually heading out this morning to do a few proper photos of it. I will post some more later today when I get back.

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Never would have guessed you had max legal tint from those pics.

Hood badge is not too much trouble, for someone with mechanical skills, from what I have read here.
    The side shields are a bit of a pain as you need to remove the tires, and I believe the wheel well liner to access the nuts & bolts that anchor the shields.

T

9. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    ryalex likes this.
  10. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    wow, loved it. made it very modern. totally new look.

russellmcg likes this.
  11. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Thanks! I think it certainly makes it not look like a 10 year old car.

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    McG...Don't have before / after pics of my Cali, but this is my 911 before and after max legal tint for Texas. Lighting is diff, but it should give you an idea of the diff...T

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire

Yeah. That’s way darker than mine. I just emailed the installer asking him about it. They missed a spot in the car with the wrap so need to take it back in either way.

Side note that looks sweet on your car!!

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks. That car and those wheels are the reason I advised living with the wheels for a while once you get the wrap and tint the way you like it. When we bought it, neither my wife nor I were crazy about black wheels. Once we got the tint installed and drove it a few months, we decided that the black wheels especially with the pop of color from the red calipers was really nice combo.

Maybe Plasti Dip the wheels first? It's cheap to do and easily reversed of you decide you don't like the look.

By the way, these are tint guidelines for Tejas straight from the horse's mouth.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/vi/consumerinfo/windowtint.htm

T

15. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I might vinyl wrap them first. Had a pair of rims done that way before and worked for me to decide if I wanted to powder coat. I emailed the installer and he said they should be 30%. I always had mine darker so not sure if it’s that or not.

16. Justicepool

Justicepool Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2019
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John L.
    Looks good. I've been thinking about wrapping just the top of my rosso corsa car and my tint installer mentioned the xpel option. Gives me something to think about. If you are interested in the carbon fiber air vents message me. I have a pair of new ferrari carbon fiber vents that i haven't decided whether or not I'm going to install them yet.

17. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I was originally going to get a Rosso corsa and do the top black. I think that looks awesome on that color.

18. Andrew Pour

Andrew Pour Karting

Oct 7, 2019
    russellmcg and Justicepool like this.
  19. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Such a great looking car! I still kick myself for not going with the red and black top on mine. Really nice looking!

Andrew Pour likes this.
  20. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack

I would consider wrapping the top black as yours. Any worry on your part or from the installer on the difficulty of wrapping the top without damaging the top mechanism? I am assuming they had to wrap with the top halfway open.

21. Andrew Pour

Andrew Pour Karting

Oct 7, 2019
    They put the top down and wrapped the portion of the car where the top sits when it is up, along with the A pillars. Then they raised the top and wrapped the top by laying the wrap and basically folding in the edges along the seal to make it flawless. They did NOT have to keep the top halfway open. I was very concerned about that but was told that wasn't needed to be done.

22. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    Thanks Andrew