Xbox PGR2 :-) | FerrariChat

Xbox PGR2 :-)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by enjoythemusic, Nov 19, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    The Xbox Project Gotham Racing 2 (PGR2) was released yesterday and all i can say is wow. They really nailed the simulation well while the graphics are VERY impressive. Have not gone online to race others "Live!". The game is not perfect, yet am impressed how accurate it is in MANY ways.

While it is not "real" racing, at least there are no Donut Munchers to give you a ticket either. Have heard various F1 drivers use sim games like this to learn various tracks. BTW, PGR2 has MANY great tracks to drive on :)

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

PS: When the game is first loading there is amazing SIM Ferrari Enzo "footage".

2. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    Did you play PGR 1? I loved that game! I ordered PGR2, and it should be here in a day or so, can't wait.

3. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Bigbaddad,

Yes, had PGR1 for a LONG time. PGR2 seems MUCH more refined, better driving (and crash) dynamics too. Graphically, it is also better as is to be expected. The GREAT news is that they added a TON of new tracks and cars. Love how they have the older Fcars like the 246GT, 355, 275GTB, 250GTO, F40, Testarossa... The amount of tracks in nearly mind-numbing in PGR2 and it makes PGR1 seems very antiquated and limited in comparison.

.. and you will LOVE the opening scenes as the game loads :)

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    time correction

5. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Just picked it up earlier today, and wow!...this game rules. Soooo many bad ass cars. I can't believe they packed them all into one game. I love that they have the "Showroom" and "Test Drive" section. It really is so much better than the first, and the first was awsome. And so many F-cars...ha!

6. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    GT4 is coming out in a few months. Oh yeah! Hail to the chief!!

7. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    i love the game.. only thing i dont like is that it seems a little bit easier than the first.

8. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I *BELIEVE* one of our fellow F-chatters Ferrari F50's were used in the production of this game..

9. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Kenny, that's right.

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I was going to get it Monday (I got PGR 1 the day the Xbox came out 2 years ago), but decided that I should finish the semester out before I dedicate some serious gaming time to it. So I showed it to my wife and put it at the top of the Christmas list.

I'm very excited! I played PGR for over a year!

11. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Karc,

Agreed that AT FIRST PGR2 seems easier, yet as you go up the sub levels it gets tough. The 360 appears to be more civilized in how it holds to the road in PGR2 than in PGR1. Using the emergency brake also feels better during some tight turns :)

Have not tried the Enzo yet as i have a 101.2F fever and too sick to drive on the edge right now :-(

Love driving the "vintage" cars and the sheer AMOUNT of various tracks is mind-boggling %-)

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

12. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Ok, so i spent the past 2 hours in the "showroom" driving various Fcars (and a few others, though will only comment about Fcars).

You guys with tweaked out F40s must be damn happy sonofa*****es!!! Yes the Enzo is great and all, yet the F40 is amazing all in all (sans top speed as compared to the Enzo). i feel the F50 is a yawner (sorry and all) and the F40 is EASILY the "better" vehicle.

You can really "feel" the lackluster suspension/tires of the older cars as compared to their modern counterparts. The older Fcars DEMAND extreme care in balancing. This IS NOT to say that you need not balance (in the turns) modern cars, just that the modern suspension and tires appear to be more gripping. Always wondered how the Testarossa would be and the Xbox gives some idea here.

As a side note, the TVR is fun and fast in tight tracks where you rarely get over 120mph.

Anyway, this is ALL simulation and ANY comparison to the real thing is questionable (at best) and wholly misleading (at worst).

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

PS: If you are using a wheel (Mad Katz 2, etc) you really NEED to use the regular controller for finding cars in the Garage.