XBOX FORZA MOTORSPORTS | Page 11 | FerrariChat

XBOX FORZA MOTORSPORTS

Discussion in 'Technology' started by ferrariguy, Mar 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zoomy3

Zoomy3 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Ryan Z.
    What level of AI do you all race against? Mine was set on Hard for quite a while, but as I moved up it just got too difficult, so now it is on Medium, which is challenging enough.

Also Ive just started to appreciate Drivatar, while I didnt care at first Im starting to take it seriously now and it really can be fun to try to improve your rating. "Danica" is slowly but surely getting better. ;)

One thing that bothers me though is that it only tracks your cars' mileage from actual races, and I wish it would track all of the miles I've used my cars in testing and free runs as well. I know I've put WAY more than 95 miles on my 575M! Not that important but cool little details are what make a game like this so much fun.

Great game.

2. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    On tracks like Road Atlanta and Alpine, I race on hard.
    Tracks like New York I race on medium.
    It really depends on the track for me.

3. C4talyst

C4talyst Karting

May 28, 2005
    All settings for most difficulty / most points. I do use ABS from time to time.

4. TestaRoasta

TestaRoasta Formula Junior

May 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Logan
    I use the F355 Challenge, every chassis mod, 545 hp/384 torque, 2617 lbs. Black with red touches, volk sf challenge wheels. Every bit of it is tweaked and it beats that f'ing TVR every time, if anyone cares. This is the best racing game period.

5. 550Maranello575

550Maranello575 Formula 3

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    I dont really tune my cars much... But the difficulty settings are HARD, Somtimes medium. I dont use TCS on D, C, B and A class... But I use it for S. I never use Stability stuff.
    My favorite car is my F355 Challange with Rob Lay's paint job.

6. TestaRoasta

May 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Logan
    It sounds the best in the game, doesn't it? It handles great too.

7. DavkeG

DavkeG Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    AI is medium over here, but everything else is set to hard, so the difficulty is 80%

8. waltk88

waltk88 Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Walt K
    GT4's visual customization is very limited compared to Forza's feature set. You cannot customize liveries at all in GT4.

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes you can: There is an entire paint shop, but you need enough points to get it.

10. 550Maranello575

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    What?? When do you unlock that?

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Once you got a gazillion racing credits and all licenses. I have neither. Google it, there is a specific number of points for it, but it is racing points, not money. Since I only race from the driver's position I don't really care what my cars look like on the outside.

12. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    Thats because you cannot race online. It's nice to have a painted car when you're playing with others. I waste so much time in that paintshop.

13. 550Maranello575

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    Me too...

14. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I bought this based on your suggestion... awesome! It is now my favorite racing game. In real life I have driven a 360, Aston, Bentley and a 575 occasionally and am surprised to see characterisitics like the blocky feel of the Conti GT in turning and the rear twitchyness of the Maranello some what the same in the game as it is to the real car. Forza and ESPN NHL 2K5 Hockey for Xbox blow my mind in their efforts for realism. Compared to the blocky feel and odd objectives of their Gotham and PS2 rival Gran Turismo's, I have to admit Forza really blows them away. Thank God the PS2 series of Grand Theft Auto games have yet to accurately portray real life!

RocketBoy

PS: As I always mentioned in person, I thought the SL55 was faster due to the better stability management and forced induction. Your opinion behind the wheel would have been taken last fall as you showed me Kimi type smiles on LSD. However, picking up the Maranello for LFSC the other day my friend and I had our own game console type fun racing the two cars. I admit with a smile on my face that in sport mode, though screaming for traction, the 575 is quicker than the Benz. Now if this childish road behavior of two Joe Schmo's could find its way to the F1 world.

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Dave, I'm glad you like the game (not that I had any doubts) and your feedback is VERY interesting. I always love it when somebody with the real life experience compares it to the game. The article in Popular Mechanics gave it similar praise as did a recent one in Road & Track (I believe it was).

An FChatter works for Microsoft and has the though job of recruiting these cars and put them on their own dyno to get engine characteristics, sounds etc. So I'm not too surprised that the game reflects reality.

16. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I own in the game: 575m maranello blue which I of course modded to 550hp etc
    which is my fave. Then I have a white 360 modena, a silver scagiletti and a yellow (I forget which model it is now sorry) all above 700hp

I have alot of other sweet cars including several porsches but my fave are my ferraris especially the maranello. Anyway the enzo so far for me is the fastest while I drive the maranello most enjoyably and smoothly. Lots of fun! So many to get!

17. TestaRoasta

May 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Logan
    I used the 575 until I got the 355 Challenge, the weight distribution allows for much less understeer, plus it could be made much lighter.

18. waltk88

waltk88 Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Walt K
    There is no paint shop in GT4. This is just an Internet rumor.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ha, so somebody had a wicked sense of humor. That's funny.

20. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I just completed it (Arcade Mode and all GOLD) and I learned the best car to achieve it undefeated is the : Audi TT

21. lawandorder360

lawandorder360 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NE Ohio
    One question: I am only at level 10 with the tEAm4za cheat code...

how can I get the enzo sooner?

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    nOsLiW will get you all the cars immediately. Swapping the Jetta engine will get you the money to buy the Enzo.

23. 550Maranello575

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    Is there any way you can put replays onto your computer and then put them online?

24. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    has anyone actually earned GOLD in the very last race of arcade mode?

that's the 2 full laps at Nurburgring.
    If so what car did you drive?

I've achieved gold in every single race (that's 96.8% full of gold) but the last one. HELP!

25. 550Maranello575

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    I got all golds. The last 2 races before the 2 laps took me forever! But on the 2 lap race I used the F355 Challange. I dont remember my settings but they wernt what the car came with.

I was really lucky though. I spun it near the end and a SRT/10 passed me and at the straight I barely caught a draft and passes it and won by about .7!