[xbox] Forza Motorsport | Page 2 | FerrariChat

[xbox] Forza Motorsport

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Schatten, May 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    BTW - I just got home from E3 where I played Forza on a three-plasma screen setup in surround sound. I drove the 360 and the 333SP. Gameplay was awesome. They've got a GT4 killer on their hands.

And for Halo fans, I also played Halo 2. It's good. I took pictures and will upload them to CheatCodes.com when I write the article.

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Please don't. Or if you do... don't post it here. Sorry, as I've already stated, I spend too much time cleaning up users systems due to visiting websites like yours.

3. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Please don't upload them to CheatCodes.com? Um.. it's kinda my self-imposed job. :) Have to support my Ferrari habit somehow. Creating content and hosting it online isn't free. And I won't post links here unless they relate to the subject under discussion - Ferraris in video games.

Do you get paid for "cleaning up users' systems?" If no, then you should. If yes, then you should thank me. :) FWIW - nothing downloads from out site onto visitors' computers unless they provide permission.

Back to the subject of Ferraris and video games: OutRun 2 for Xbox was lots of fun to play this week. It's only about 20% complete right now, and it's pretty much a straight port of the Japanese arcade version. You can drive an Enzo, F50, F40, 246 Dino, 360, 288 GTO, Testarossa (like the classic arcade OutRun) and one more that I forgot. You can't drive a convertible F40 like in the classic arcade Turbo OutRun (which I have in my game room).

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I've been watching the coverage of the E3 show on G4/TechTV. They haven't reported too much on racing games, just the new Sony & Nintendo systems, Halo 2, Resident Evil 4, etc.. I'm really looking forward to GT4, but I'm getting sick of the game constantly being further pushed back for a later release date. I just hope someone will produce a Ferrari inspired GT4 style game for the PS2 system. I'm not a big fan of t EA's Need for Speed series.

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Do I get paid for cleaning up systems? The answer is yes and no. While I get paid for maintaining a network in an overabundance of hours I put in each week, cleaning up systems with junk that loads from sites like your own is more of the time that I must take away from normal duties. While helping out individuals in the family, and on here as well, the majority of the posts asking for computer help on here, and through PM/emails have been about removing spyware/adware/malware, which your site provides.

By stating 'permission', I, or others, willingly or unwillingly download adware from your site. By your verbiage above, it seems you know what you are doing, and that would be taking advantage of those who are unfamiliar with a particular area, and thus, using your resources to allow others to gain control, even if it is a few CPU cycles, for their benefit. Sorry, it just doesn't sound ethical in my book. This will not stop you from making money off of the poor saps that come to your site and accidentally or knowingly download adware apps from your site. I seriously doubt they know what it is they are downloading, and if they did... they would not be back. If this is how I can earn a Ferrari, I'll opt out. Advertising is one thing, but pushing adware apps to users systems is manipulative.

Oh, and to answer your question, no bandwidth isn't free. Maybe you should give back to the community since you already know this: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/subscriptions.php?

6. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    Wow Schatten, at first I thought you were being a little obsessive about this -- until I went to the site! About seven ads popped up, and THREE of them were trying to download spyware, et al onto my computer!!

That is a load of crap! I don't understand what information offered by ANY website could be so valuable that anyone would be willing to deal with that crap. But, if the market allows it (ie, if people are willing to continue to peruse his site in spite of all that crap, it must be worth it to them), I don't think he is awful for doing it.

By the way Steve, just yesterday I was reading the credits for PGR2 and saw your name at the bottom (though it didn't say which cars it was for)

7. BlackMagix

BlackMagix Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
  8. Jameel

Jameel Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Canada
    Finally we get a good racing game for the XBOX. Sega GT left me wanting more, it was a little too easy. Project Gotham 2, although was a fine game, just didn't appeal to me enough to purchase it. The entire Kudos point system and cone challenges made it seem to much like an Arcade game to be a real sim.

I just hope somebody comes out with a good F1 game for the XBOX. Does anybody know of any F1 GAMES for the XBOX?

9. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    You have each channel? Someone needs to post-mix that down to DTS or Dolby Digital. ;)

10. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Looks, cool, but UGH -- I am SO sick of track-based racing games.

When is a video game company going to produce a game that features the kind of thing that so many of us want to do and love to hate -- REAL WORLD driving on city streets, highways, freeways, parkways, country roads -- with real traffic, real-world maps, cops & speed traps, debris on the road, etc.

So we can get our jollies weaving dangerously in and out of traffic, driving in the breakdown lane, racing our fellow drivers, knocking other cars off the road, outrunning cops, and doing all the things that would land us in jail in the real world.

I want MS Flight Simulator but with Ferraris!!

nlh

11. Jameel

Jameel Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Canada
    I think we already have games like that. They are called "Need for Speed" and Burnout, just to name a few. But there are more. I think we have too many games like this. Plus these are for the more "arcade" type player.

Finally we have a good driving sim for the XBOX, in the form of Forza Motorsport.

12. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Man, this sucks! I just got back from Best Buy AND Toys'r'Us so i can buy Forza Motorsport, and none of them had it! They should have advertised this game more or something!

13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  14. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name: