xbox 360 wireless help | FerrariChat

xbox 360 wireless help

Discussion in 'Technology' started by futureowner, Jun 21, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Hey guys, having some trouble here and hoping someone can help since I'm no tech expert.

I got a xbox 360 back in April and over the weekend finally got around to buying the wireless adapter this last weekend. I opened the package and thought it would take about 2 seconds to set up...boy was I wrong.

I inserted the CD that came with adapter per the directions, the cd did nothing, I went online to see if this was an issue, some said to try to start the console with the disk in it already, tried that and nothing.

I plugged in the adapter and it had a green flashing light on the back (indicating it was on and searching for a network). It never connected to anything and when I went to System Settings - Network Settings, there wasn't even a section for wireless connectivity. I just had basic settings.

Just looking for some help thinking that maybe someone else had a similar issue. I have a Linksys WRT54GS router that works great for the ipod, PS3 and laptop, just can't get the xbox to work. Any thoughts? I REALLY appreciate the help!

2. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    #2 thirteendog, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
    Just use the setting menu to set it up. It'll search and tell you what's in range, then give it the correct password for your WAP and you should be good to go. At least that's what I did with mine, since I bought mine used and it didn't come with a disc. I'll look on the net for a good how to and post the link back up here.

Edit: Here's the link
    http://compnetworking.about.com/od/wifihomenetworking/ht/xbox2wifirouter.htm

3. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Awesome, I'll have to try that when I get home, thanks much! Wish they'd make it as easy as the PS3 was.

4. SOCALX

SOCALX Rookie

Jul 2, 2010
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Chis
    why didnt u just wait for the new xbox there selling it right now it has wireless built in, 250 gb hardrive, and its quicker and quieter

5. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Because I'm not a big gamer so didn't know it was coming out. Problem resolved itself after the first time going online I ran a 50ft ethernet cable from my router to my xbox, it downloaded some update and then I had the "wireless settings" option and now works like a charm. So all I had to do was be wired the first time then I could wireless afterwards.