x-pipe addition | Page 4 | FerrariChat

x-pipe addition

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by f12tm, Dec 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    One only needs the NR cat replacement pipe - x-pipe and boxes can source from capristo. I’ve modified too many F-cars (and many makes) and can tell you NR is insanely overpriced for what you are getting UNLESS you go for their inconel stuff...now that’s a different league

MrFloppi likes this.
  2. MrFloppi

MrFloppi Karting

Mar 15, 2014

F12Kid is right!

Have the Capristo cat-back exhaust with valve control for my F12 for several thousands of miles. Sounds really great. I‘m sure with adding an x-pipe you don‘t have the cold start droning.
    Cold start and the first miles are very loud till the exhaust heats up.
    Possibly it depends on my high milage F12 and everything is „burned in“ very well ;-)

For the 812 I‘m considering maybe another pair of Capristo back boxes as soon as the car arrives.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

3. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Ahhh very nice ....you took an 812....

Sent from my SM-G965F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. ragul

ragul Rookie

Sep 8, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Ragúl Yogarajan
    Hi guys,

i just bought a f12 with novitec Novitec power optimized exhaust system with flap regulation. The sound is amazing at high rpm’s but on low rpms it is not that lound compared to my huracan with catless capristo system. The dealer suggests me to go for x-pipe to Get better sound at low rpm’s and If i am nor happy then go with catless. Did the ones who changed to x-pipe hear any difference at low rpm’s?

5. Sean@TAG

Sean@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 25, 2015

Absolutely. 100% the X-pipe cleans up the low end tone a TON! Much much better overall. We have done plenty with the combo and they really sound incredible. If you really want that all out F1 banshee scream, the cat pipes are the next step :)

gliazzurri likes this.
  6. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    Has a solution to eliminate the GPFs been developed? I think high-flow cats, x-pipe, and the rear section would make the 812 scream quite nicely!

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    have you opened your valves? thats your biggest issue at low rpms. i wld do x pipe and 200 cel cats too. i did all of them at the same time on my FF so i cant tell you how it sounds if you do in stages. in sport my manettino is programmed to hold the valves open and there is no lack of sound.

8. DUTCH488

DUTCH488 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dimitri Post
    Heard many question about what it would sound putting just the x-pipe on. Found a clip of a gtc4 with just the x-pipe installed (although that is what they say)

Sounds high tone

9. Sean@TAG

Sean@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 25, 2015
    They just sound soooo good!!