x-pipe addition | Page 2 | FerrariChat

x-pipe addition

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by f12tm, Dec 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Agreed, that is the way to go, and it is not as extreme but still very loud and fun.....

2. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Never had or have a smell issue. Maybe you have not got the decats completely sealed onto the manifold down pipe flange correctly.

3. boostorbust

boostorbust Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    You have catless downpipes and you get no smell with the windows down city driving?

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yeh that's not possible.

5. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    No smell at all.

6. boostorbust

boostorbust Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    You didn't answer the question. You have zero cats?

7. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    I have zero cats.

There are two primary cats only which are at the front of the car which directly come off the manifold. These have been removed.

I have the original OEM cross pipe still installed as novitec and capristo said there x-pipe with decats makes it quieter.

The rear OEM exhaust is still installed with only the valves wired open permanently. No need for a switchable valve box either.

As I said only decats pipes installed.

8. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    #33 kenyon, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OEM vs Decat pipes. I have novitec decats which have been engineered differently with a full heat wrap that comes standard with standard x-pipe.

My dealer wired the valves open with OEM exhaust only made a huge difference with OEM exhaust valves being closed.

The car was still not allowed enough, had a x-pipe fitted with valves open and made it quieter so returned in to OEM again with valves wired open.

Still not loud enough so decatted it novitec with valves wired open on with OEM exhaust and the noise is pure F1 like a FXX or F1 car. No drone in the cabin and just perfect when open idle too. Never going back the perfect set up.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    You had to get the software from Novitec to avoid the CEL?

10. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    It a plug and play unit from novitec.

11. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    It is? So, no ecu remap?

12. MrFloppi

MrFloppi Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    It's called Novitec Tectronic to decode the CEL light after decat or sport cat installation. It's no ECU tune only for removing the ongoing CEL. I'm sure your F12 has this feature already included in your ECU tune.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

13. MrFloppi

MrFloppi Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    But if you remove the cats or change to sport cats you're reducing the back pressure and risk a slightly loss in low end torque. To get the full potential of this mod a well developed ECU tune is recommend.

14. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    Is there any risk that tectronic also removes the CEL light in case something unrelated to the exhaust is causing a problem?

15. MrFloppi

MrFloppi Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    I have no information about that and there are no technical description or sheets online. I would ask Novitec and let them send you an explanation of it. If it's the case that they are going to disable the CEL completely irrespective of the problem or malfunction which comes up, it would be a risky solution.

16. boostorbust

boostorbust Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    Does not eliminate the CEL completely, only makes adjustments for the ECU freaking out about no cats. The CEL works as stock with the Novitec tune other than not coming on for a couple of cat codes

17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Personally, I don't like gadgets connected to the OBD-II port if that's what is being used. Injecting code and stomping on error messages in a complex vehicle network with millions of lines of code executing is too much risk for me.

18. boostorbust

boostorbust Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    The Novitec solution is a tune, not a OBD 2 plug in device

19. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Apparently there are 2 Novitec solutions....

20. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #45 4th_gear, Jan 3, 2017
    Actually, Fabspeed makes a miniature cat which is attached upstream from each O2 sensor, to scrub the exhaust gas that it samples.

21. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    Fabspeed advertise it "to reduce the chance of a CEL". I wouldn't pay for something that didn't guarantee a result. Will definitely reach out to Novitec when i decide to purchase the Cats and ask about the difference between that plug in device and the full tune.

22. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Novitec is a plug in device to the OBD 3 and it does work as covered 11000 miles no issues. The fabspeed extension I have not tried and looking at them and seen the space available under the car you would have trouble with coming into contact with engine.

23. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
  24. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    no guarantee's. I would think they have a great chance of working well with sport cats...not catless downpipes.

25. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #50 4th_gear, Jan 3, 2017
    I haven't seen an F12 cat assembly before but I have attached a diagram showing where the O2 sensors are located in the F12. Perhaps you are mistakenly referring to the pre-cat O2 sensor (#8). The Fabspeed O2 spacer is for the post-cat sensor (#9) which is located well back from the engine, probably below the passenger compartment.

O2 sensors have to be accessible to allow inspection as well as replacement. Generally-speaking, the ports used by both O2 sensors are also used for the manual insertion of test probes when garages analyze exhaust temperatures as well as contents. So there has to be room available. The Fabspeed "O2 spacer" which is supposedly spec'd for the F12 and can also be inserted at various angles.