Wyoming tips | FerrariChat

Wyoming tips

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by rmani, Jul 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Hey guys i have a business trip planned to wyoming in a couple of months. Any reccomendations on what to see? Yellowstone seems like a must but what else? I looked into some helicopter tours but they were absurdly expensive. Id like to see as much as possible for the four days i will be there. Im flyig into jackson hole. Thanks!

2. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Don't know if they run the tram in the summer, but if they are, you should have a ride up. Great views to the East of the valley. Dine at the Amangani. Stop at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar for a beer and an Elk burger (bar stools are saddles). The National Museum of Wildlife Art is there, too.

Yellowstone is an all day trip (South entrance is 45min to an hour North of Jackson), and you should expect heavy traffic in the park and lots of people at the pull-offs (thermals, overlooks, etc.).

You could do some rafting down the snake or sporting clays. Depends on how long you're going to be there. And, you might check in advance with the concierge of the hotel you'll be at. They can arrange it for you ahead of your trip.

CW

3. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Teton park is very close to Jackson. Some fun things to do around there like a ferry boat ride across Jenny lake and then a short hike to Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point.

4. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I live near Jackson...have for 12+ years (in the summer) and host friends/family all the time...I've got the "to do" list down. Just finished a week with my GF for her first visit...so the best ideas are fresh in my mind...

Four days? In and out of JAC?

Well...it depends on the exact dates and your "likes". There is tons to do here...reply with some specifics on what you like to do (or PM me) and I can help you craft an itinerary...