www.GTRPROTO.com | FerrariChat

www.GTRPROTO.com

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Akira, Oct 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Akira

Akira Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
    Only few more hours to go...

There is so much hype about this car, I don't think any car will be able to live up to it. We will see.

www.gtrproto.com

2. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    And the great unveiling reveals.............................a concept car with no interior or drivetrain. And an ugly frickin' body to boot. This Skyline replacement had better be really good when it finally comes online as a 2007 model. Initial talk of 400hp has been scrapped because all you have to do is buy a Z06 today to get over 500hp.
    If you make the introduction way too long, by the time you raise the curtain everyone has left the theatre.

3. CornellCars

CornellCars Formula 3

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    ROFLMAO - yeah, with a 3400lb curb and AWD, and computerized Altessa controlling everything. Man, that IS pure. I'm sure it will be yet another pig brought to the US market with too little horsepower, too soft handling, too much curb weight for way too much money - and people will still buy it because it says Skyline on it. I wouldn't be shocked to see an NSX-esque $80k plus sticker when all is said and done for top optioned cars, and for that, I'm gettin' me a 355, 993 or 996TT which might actually hold some value after the first year...

4. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    Apparently, the new car won't have Altessa. According to rumors, it will have a newly developed system.

Oh, and 3100 lbs is the number floating around.

Again, all rumours though.

5. CornellCars

CornellCars Formula 3

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    OK - new Altessa plus - it's still a driver nanny, which, while good for some, certainly does not seem PURE in my eyes. In addition, if Nissan gets that car *here* at 3100lbs, I'll eat a bug. They couldn't get the R32, R33, or R34 under that weight even in Japan, and since it's based on the Z/G35 chassis, which they also couldn't get near that weight, and adds all wheel drive and presumably either a V8 or the same V6 with TT and all associated plumbing, plus what I will assume to be standard a/c for the US market and US crash impact stuff, I'll be shocked if it comes in anywhere near there. Just my $.02, just thought it was funny to use the word pure when talking about a car like that...

6. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    Ahh, rumours rumours.
    Good fun seeing everybody with their ideas of what it will look like and what running gear it will have.
    As you can see, i have a vested interest too!!
    I think you'll be surprised what it looks like in the end.

7. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    suprised how?
    Nissan says the rear and profile are near production.

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Holy Japanese Corvette, Batman!

The bottom half now bears a strong C6 resemblance. The roofline like that creates the illusion it's peeling off.

9. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    So far, I don't like it that much... I'll have to see in person to know for sure