WTH ??? Bugatti Veyron Sang Noir ? | FerrariChat

WTH ??? Bugatti Veyron Sang Noir ?

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by BlueBiturbo, May 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
  2. luke9583

luke9583 Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Detroit Michigan
    Full Name:
    Luke Wells
    Dude, it's a $1.5M car. They better make every car it's own unique 'version' or they will not sell.

3. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Looks like a Pur Sang Edition WITH paint :D
    Hint : look at the wheels

4. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Yep, just black paint instead of bare aluminum.

5. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I want one with Bullhorns on it with a holdster in the back for a shotgun! :D.

6. avalys

avalys Karting

May 26, 2004
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Alex Valys
    I'm sorry, but that car just looks ugly. It looks fat. Everything about it looks fat. Even the interior.

7. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    BUT, BUT, BUT More is better! Don't you know?

16 cylinders, 10 rads, and four turbos......adds up to LOTS of BETTER! :rolleyes:

Personally, I subscirbe to the simple principle of power-to-weight-ratio, while it is an albeit extreme example the Ariel Atom is a standout

8. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    There were some reports a while back that they weren't selling as well as expected. Wouldn't surprise me if VW divides up the remaining unsold cars and does funky stuff to them in order to sell them as special editions, assuming the rumors were correct. It's not like they're actually changing much on the car. Just a bit of paint, or lack of paint here and there...

-R

9. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I love this color scheme.

IMHO, it is the only Bugatti I have liked thus far.

10. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
  11. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    At least , Veyron has outsold the McLaren F1
    which only managed to sold 100 out of 300 planned .

and still people recall the F1 as the greatest ever despite it's failure .

12. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    And Lamour subscribes to the Breast size to weight ratio... OK I do too! :D :D :D

13. laxn23

laxn23 Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nick
    The Veyron has a better power to weight ratio...

14. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    a failure? McLaren only MADE 100 because of the current economic conditions in the mid 90's. I gaurandamntee, if they were to make 100 more they would sell like hot cakes, especially since the car is nearing legendary status.

15. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    in my opinion, McLaren F1 isn't nearing legendary status. It has been one for years.

Same for the Veyron; it's already legendary. I like the different wheels on this black one.

In person I changed my opinion of the Veyron (which was initially fat/ugly/decadently ridiculous). It still is all of these things but is a work of art.

16. laxn23

laxn23 Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Not just a work of art but an engineering marvel.

17. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i would like to see this 4000 lb/1000 hp, awd, paddle shift car race the 3500/500/awd/paddle shift gtr. i have a feeling the car mags would have the nissan come out on top.

18. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Give me a %*Z^&ing break! The Mclaren F1 was a legend in a leauge all by itself along time ago long before cars could even hit 230mph reglarly that car is still far more inovative and superior to anything on the road in my opinion kind of like the F-15 Eagle is to the USAF.

The Veyron is just another fat car with a fat price tag. The Mclaren F1 however is something totally out of this world and something you can get out there and drive it hard!. Looks for look Mclaren is still far more sexy than the Veyron. All the veyon has is the Luxry interior but you know what id rather sit in the middle of car than be surrounded by swuade.

Its easy to out sell the Mclaren F1 its production run is only 100 total including the race cars.

The Mclaren F1 is still the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be!.

Lets line em up and see which is better around the track and see who would come out on top. My money will always be on the Mclaren F1.

19. laxn23

laxn23 Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I hate to say it but if we lined some supercars up on a race course the Mclaren would almost definitely not be on top. Sad to say as it is an amazing car, however the breaks are way out dated and proved to be somewhat inadequate even at the time. Driving experience I guarantee the Mclaren will come out on top but numbers I just don't know anymore.

20. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    Agreed, I think you can buy a car now that will outperform it with ease. But you can't beat the presence the car has attained.

21. rosso_fanatic

rosso_fanatic Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Long Beach
    Full Name:
    Wes
    I have a feeling a special edition Veyron will cost a hell of a lot more than the standard $1.5 million veyron price. $650k to $1 million more most likely even though it would cost the owner of a black/saddle Veyron no more than $70k for the custom wheels, clear coat of the carbon, and the chrome bits.

You should recall that besides the economic climate of it's time there was a huge conflict of interest at two points of the McLaren F1's life. First was the fact that the McLaren formula 1 team switched to Mercedes engines in 1995 and the McLaren F1 was being produced with the BMW unit. We should be glad that the McLaren F1 project wasn't canceled then.

The second came when in 1998 it was announced that Williams, a main McLaren formula 1 rival, would start using a BMW engine. Those two things put increasing pressure on the McLaren F1 team to end production and it did that very thing in 1998. Because of that I don't know if I would call the small McLaren F1 numbers a failure to sell. They are, instead, an unfortunate outcome of corporate politics nixing a project because of a conflict of interest.