WTF?--Suicide Bombers Target Tim Hortons? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

WTF?--Suicide Bombers Target Tim Hortons?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by b-mak, Apr 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    I don't agree with that. I remember when it happened, and we were running on generators so I still had net access. First I found out that nearby areas were out, eg. newmarket, barrie etc.. Then we find out all of southern ontario. Ok, very weird, but no kneejerk reaction. Then we find out every city we inquire about in a widening radius has been affected. Buffalo, Detroit, Ottawa, Cleveland, NYC -- the entire northeastern section of North America is out! When was the last time something like that happened? Umm, never?

With Sep 11 still fresh in our minds, it certainly crossed my mind that it could be a possible terrorist attack! I didn't immediately jump up and down crying terrorist attack, but I can tell you that the possibility of it being one was near the top of my list. I can't imagine that anyone who was aware of the magnitude of the situation (and not everyone was) did not think likewise.

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I can tell you I didn't....couldn't give a crap....bring it on. I am not gonna live my life around someone elses belief. The media and governmnet want you believe that, it sells.....sell the "sizzle" marketing 101.

The fact that we have never had anythign of that magnitude before....call it luck....have you seen some of our government employees ? (Mr.Apex, dont chime in)......most of them can't tie a shoe lace.

I never thought my house would have got flooded either last Aug, but guess what...it was..........and now I can't get flood insurance in my area....and I didnt make a claim...funny part.............who cares, I can't control the insurance companies, just like I can't control a dumbing walking into a subway car.

Live life to the fullest brother, and forget the other crap, out of you're control. But, if you see a guy walking down the street with a few extra pounds, and you smell some gas....run like hell...."run forest, run" lol !

3. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.

Precisely why I wear loafers!

Sorry, I had to....

4. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

I was going to write something really funny, but there was potential you'd take it personally, and that's just not right. djwannabe4k, on the other hand, I'd not hesitate with him.

I just have this strong dislike for who's doing what with my taxes. Nothing personal, Andrew.

5. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.

Hey, no worries. And if you'd put a little smiling face with it, I wouldn't take it personally. And not to toot my own horn, but I'm one of the government employees trying to help increase our business' coffers. Cross-border trade and all that....

6. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Soooooo........how can you help me?

P.S. Keep the tooting to yourself.

7. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    No no. rumour is, he is a disgruntled investor that couldnt get shares on the IPO. So he figured if he went in there and created some negative press, that the share price would tank. He would be able to buy in at a good price.

8. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    But he died.

9. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Yea, unfortunatly.

10. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Or fortunately ?

11. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin

hmmm..maybe? Poor planning on his part. So much for poorly laid plans?

Thanks for the update :)

12. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.

If you've targetted a specific area of the US in which you'd like to do business, I can find you market info, put you in touch with distributors, etc in my territory (if that's where you're targetting) or give you the name of my counterpart whose are you're targetting.