WTF - $500 parking ticket in Arlington | Page 2 | FerrariChat

WTF - $500 parking ticket in Arlington

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Robin, Nov 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    #26 Dcup, Nov 7, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    big mistake !!!!!!! when you parked their you should of got out of the car and started walking like this...... i guarantee you would not have gotten ticketed ....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    now thats f---n funny !!!!!!!!! roflmfao !!!!!!!!!!!

3. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Hahah nice video :D

No worries to the upstanding citizens here, I'm going to pay it. But I am going to try to find out why I received the maximum penalty for a first time offense. But because I am an idiot for parking there, if I manage to get the county to agree to give me the $100 fine, I'll donate the other $400 to the Disabled American Veterans Trust: http://www.dav.org/cst/giving_options.html.

-R

4. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Hey Robin: I live in Arlington. I agree about the parking spots... esp. if you are talking Clarindon and Whole Foods. I have gotten two separate parking tickets that I contested online and both were dropped. There is a form on the Arlington Website :
    http://www.arlingtonva.us/departments/Police/pro/PoliceProMain.aspx

Apparently b/c of the F*cked up parking in Arlington, if you ask, you may receive. Only warning tho- if the ticket is upheld you have to pay $10 extra for the trouble. BTW: if I save you $400 bucks, maybe I can get a ride? :)

5. FerrariF1

FerrariF1 Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2005
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    you deserve the ticket. handicap parking is there for reasons. go to court and ask judge to reduce the ticket.

6. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Well I called the parking ticket office and the guy told me that all offenses get the max $500 fine and it's up to you to go to court and hope the judge is having a good day. Of course if he/she isn't having a good day, you have to pay an extra $60-80 in court fees and additional charges. Would be interesting to see how often they actually get reduced... Regardless, I went ahead and dropped a check in the mail.

Mbutner: well I'm drivin the car back to my house in FL next week, soooo... maybe next year when I bring it back up :)

Thanks for the advice/scolding/anecdotes gang. Lesson learned...

-R

7. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Perfect timing to head back to FL. Enjoy the sunshine, the weather is definetly going to turn cold here very soon. Best wishes on a safe trip home.