WTB: Dino Alternator Fuse Box | FerrariChat

WTB: Dino Alternator Fuse Box

Discussion in '206/246' started by synchro, Jan 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm looking for the 60A/8A alternator fuse box that mounts forward of the engine on the firewall and have tried the usual sources of T Rutlands, Superformance, Parts Source, etc.

Has anyone found these elsewhere?
    Thank you

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Scott.

I think I got one at the Ferrari Owner's site.

Unfortunately, their site seems to be taking a dump right now. But I'm pretty sure I got it there.

Dave

3. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Scott.

Yup Ferrari UK has 'em

Part # 20151601

Search their site for that part number, it'll come up about $110.00

Dave

4. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dave:

I have never been able to find that fuse listed in my Dino books, under either the electrical/charging system entries or the fuse entries. Have you seen them listed in the factory books? If so, where?

And, how did you find it on Ferrari UK's site?

Thank you -
    Mark

5. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Hmmm..... I think I did a search, using fuse as the search term. It comes up with ten or twenty parts, then you sort through them.

No biggie.

Now, please go jump in front of a moving car and save me the trouble of having to come and get you. :D

Dave

6. DinoDriver

DinoDriver Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    Synchro,

Were you successful in getting this fuse box assembly? I subscribe to the Ferrari Owners' site but I'll be danged if I can get to the Maranello Concessionaires site from the Owners' site or any other way for that matter. Must be some secret "passage." I want to get the same part.

Bill

7. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yes I was successful as mine was fine just missing the cover and thumbscrew. If you need a used one that is functional let me know, I think DM has spare 60 Amp fuses.

Scott

8. DinoDriver

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    Yeah, I just need the cover and screw, also. I noted upon return from the FCA Annual Meet that mine had strangely disappeared. Maybe it got loose and fell off.

How did you get to Maranello Concessionaires antique parts website to order? I've been totally unsuccessful trying thru the Ferrari Owners' website and other "venues." Or did you call? If you called, what's the dial sequence from the U.S.?

Much thanks for your help on this. Shouldn't be this difficult!

Bill

9. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I got to it through the Ferrari Owner's website, click on classic parts.

BTW, I received my invitation to the 599 premier and lunch in Monterey, quite possibly because I registered on the owner's site.

10. DinoDriver

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    Scott,

Hey, now I really feel bad: I'm registered on the Owners' Site and I didn't get an invite AND I've been trying for two weeks to get to Maranello Concess. by clicking on the "Classic Parts" button and going nowhere but in a circle back to the Owners' Site. If you wouldn't mind taking the time, please try clicking the button and seeing what you get now vs. when you ordered 6 months ago.

What's wrong with this picture?

Sounds like a phone call might be necessary.

Bill

11. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You are right, the link is dead for me.
    Sorry

12. DinoDriver

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    :-((

Thanks for checking. I've sent them an e-mail.

Bill

13. DinoDriver

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    The "Classic Parts" link on the official Ferrari Owners' website is now functional. Takes you directly to Maranello Concessionaires. Apparently, they are out of stock on the 60 Amp fuse box, P/N Part # 20151601. Didn't see it listed there 10 days ago. Called G.T. Car Parts in Phoenix (623-780-2200) on 9/11/06 and the part arrived, with fuses, on 9/16/06. $125 + P&H.

Thank you G.T. Car Parts!

Bill