WTB autokraft MKIV | FerrariChat

WTB autokraft MKIV

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by henryr, Feb 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    if anyone sees one pop up somewhere for sale i'd appreciate a heads up. thx.

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

these cars seem very inexpensive...why?

3. ferraripete

i think the aove linked cars may be sold or other...the numbers to contact the owners are disconnected.

4. GT Fan

GT Fan Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2005
    You're right, I've seen them more in the $65K- $80K range.......

5. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    1985 guards red/tan around 5k orig. miles. Car belongs to good friend. I purchased the car for him about 5 years ago. All original. pm or email me for more details. This car drives and sounds great.

6. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
  7. ferraripete

henry,

i agree that they seem unloved...why? they are lovely machines and for 35-45k must be a tremendous value. they are by no means kit cars and are probably great drivers w/o the fear of damaging a vintage cobra.

have you contacted george stauffer to see if he has a line on a car?

if bought right, the 302 could be insanely hot rodded and you would have a very satisfying machine!!

8. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i think if it's not an original 60's car people rather just build a kit the way they wanted it. plus with the mustang motor, why bother? seems like you can find nice kit cars in that same price range with huge built motors......

i don't know what a engine swap would do to a mkiv. i would think you'd want to keep it original as possible but yes you could.

i have contact g.s. and highway one. i've been contacted on a lwt version mkiv but it was crazy money.

9. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    I think the recurring theme with the Cobra community is that if it doesn't have a 427, then it's not worth anything. Also, the originals are so revered that only the cars that truly copy them seem to be of value. The MK IVs with the fuel injected 302 seems lame in comparison to a used Superformance or Kirkham with a big block and truly indistinguishable detailing from the CSX2xxx/3xxx cars.

I prefer the history and original tooling of the MK IVs over the originality of the current kits. But, everyone has their opinion.
    LS

10. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    My dads best friend just bought his third 1967 427 Cobra(the real deal). He actually drives his. I swapped him a drive in my Ferrari to drive his. What a beast. It was awesome I must say.