Wanted - WTB: 458 Italia rosso corsa | FerrariChat

Wanted WTB: 458 Italia rosso corsa

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by mvga1987, Aug 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    Hello guys I am looking to buy a 458 Italia red rosso corsa only. Must be clean title and no accidents. I prefer buying from private party seller. I'm a cash buyer!

Please text me at 415-424-1301.

Thanks

Marcus

2. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    Hello anyone?

scudif1 likes this.
  3. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
  4. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    29 of them listed on autotrader.

5. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    I know that. I'm looking for a private party car. There is only one witch has 7 owners on carfax. I have been watching autotrader, cars.com and cargurus.

firsttimef1 likes this.
  6. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I wouldn’t pass up a nicely optioned spec trying to save a few dollars buying from a private party. Life’s too short. If you see one you want you should jump on it. Have you reached out to Mike at yellow compass?

7. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    So the main reason I want private party is to be able to get service records and know more about the car. If I get to save a "few dollars" as you said then great. The main thing for me is to get the right car. I do not know Mike.

8. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm not sure many cars will come without service records and if you buy from an official dealer you also have the warranty so I'm not really sure why you would only buy private

9. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    I don't care for warranties as I will modify it anyways. When you modify ur car u usually lose warranty....

10. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    You should be able to get every service record if you are Buying from a Ferrari dealer. Have you called around to the 29 listed and see which ones have full service records. My bet would be that plenty of them have records.

11. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    Anyways I hope the fact that I prefer buying from a private party doesn't bother anyone here....

12. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Not at all. You were just bumping the thread and figured you were anxious for one. Just pointing out that plenty of them are available and I know a number of them have full service records. Good luck with the search and post some pix when you find one.

gmo28 likes this.
  13. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    I have called a few not all of then since I dont need a Ferrari and I just want one. I'm not desperate. I called Lamborghini of Dallas last Monday to give them a deposit on a really nice 1 owner 458 that they had but I was too late. I called another dealership in Florida 2 days ago about one that they have and it doesn't have any records. I will wait a couple of weeks and see if I'm able to find exactly what I'm looking for if not then I will probably get one from a dealership.

14. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    Happy Friday!

15. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
  16. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Maybe no one responding is a sign. Not sure bumping every 2 days is going to find you a car and Maybe it’s time to start calling some dealers, especially for someone who isn’t desperate as you say .Just a thought.

17. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    Damn man you just don't give up... I haven't asked for your opinion.

ScottS likes this.
  18. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    No but you claim not be to desperate but yet bump your own reply when no one has replied. There are people that are trying to sell cars and you are bumping to the top with a happy Friday and 2 days later with a bump.

19. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    Man u must be bored af... Just ignore it!

20. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Welcome. You’ve been here for a while. Congrats on the search.

Constructive suggestion,would be to give more detail on what you like or don’t like. What you will not be interested in etc. the market is strong on 458 and your lack of responses may reflect that as well.

There are many cars here for sale as the new models come in. I see you’re not desperate and have some time. You’re in California it appears. Try calling CNC or your local dealer and tell them your wants, your must options, and your price range. They may have inventory that is not announced yet. For example my 488 spider is not for sale yet but will be shortly for my incoming F8. You can get records and a warranty.

Try Mike on Yellow Compass who has a lot of inventory as a broker which means a slight upcharge but records and a private party sale. Some feel best of both worlds. He seems to know where cars are and has good value. Look over his adverts. Worth a short call.

Look over cars in this forum that were pulled from the market and whose owners may sell.

Lastly ignore the posts that step-on or,provoke for no apparent reason.

Will you be keeping the LAMBO ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

firsttimef1, Hawaii Brit and mvga1987 like this.
  21. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    Hi Scott,
    Thanks for the advice, I sold my Lambo last October. I have contacted a few dealerships already but none had service history. A few months ago I bought a 997 Turbo from q dealership and had a terrible experience trying to sell it without service records. I was contacted by many buyers and they all asked about service records and about the previous owner witch I did not know so I learned the lesson. Selling a $80k car without records wasn't easy so I can only imagine selling a car that is at least twice that price wouldn't be any easier. I just to get why people go out of their way to tell someone they have never seen what to do.

Thanks again!

Marcus

22. FourFiveGreat

FourFiveGreat Karting

Jan 5, 2019
    California
    The best of both worlds is the Ferrari dealership consignment car.

Ferrari dealers generally require private parties to recondition their consigned cars through their service department to ensure that the car meets the store’s standards.

You’ll still get the records and everything else you would’ve gotten in a private sale. People generally consign with their local store, so you can still expect private party-level transparency about the car’s history.

The dealer is now better incentivized to simply make the deal happen than to maximize the sale price since the margin is set. Yes, you’ll likely get the absolute best deal if you can find the owner and make something happen directly (the real reason for going private party, let’s be honest). Some sellers will take a lower net from the dealer than they will from you since the dealer transaction is largely hassle-free and is part of the timeline of their dealer relationship.

A Ferrari dealer transaction is good for resale since the benefits of acquiring the car from a reputable seller are easy to explain and understand.

Occasionally, dealers can find off-market opportunities amongst their customer base as they’re highly incentivized to do so (possible 2 transactions; your purchase and an upgrade purchase by the seller). Have you asked Ferrari of San Francisco and Silicon Valley to see whether one of their clients has a car that meets your needs that they might be willing to sell?

23. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo

Yeah I'm now willing to consider buying one from a dealership also since I haven't found any private party ones yet. The Ferrari dealerships for sure are better with records etc but I dont mind buying one from a independent dealership if its the right car.

I'm looking for 2011 and up coupe
    Under 15k miles
    Rosso corsa with nero interior.
    Yellow or red tach
    Colored stitching
    Front lift system

24. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I bought my 458 with no service records, 7 owner car with 15 k miles on it and not even seeing the car in person. I loved the interior and the color so I had it shipped across the country. The new cars are nothing like the older cars. Life is way too short to be worried about this crap. This why I would say I dont see eye to eye with most Ferrari owners and I would also say most people that buy them can't really afford them. I have had zero problems with my car. I really hope you find a car so you can be driving it an enjoying it before you never have a chance to have one...

25. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    I agree 100% and to be honest for a 458 witch is a very reliable Ferrari I really dont care for service records but the problem is one day I know I will want to sell the car and people will ask me for it. I just sold about a month ago a 2007 911 Turbo with 28k miles. I had at least 20 people contact me asking if I had service records. So after 5 months of trying to sell it I learned the lesson and told my self I wouldn't buy a car without service records again. But I am open for a 458 without seevice records if the deal is right and the car is what I'm looking for. Also when I sold my Gallardo people would ask if I had service records and I did so it helped.

Manda racing likes this.