WT"FF" | Page 7 | FerrariChat

WT"FF"

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by vaqas0, Mar 23, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    as i've written before, there's NOTHING wrong with someone ... anyone ... expressing their opinion :)

What's more troubling ... and evidence of nothing but troll-like behavior ... is consistent, post-after-post complaints about the way the FF "looks", especially after never having even seen the car in person. It's internet-bashing of an internet-car, and it gets old quick :(

Furthermore, many of those complaining about the "looks" of the FF (or rather, it's 2D pics on the internet) believe that their "opinions" must be universally held, and attack the "taste" of anyone who actually likes the way the car looks!

These are trolls, nothing more ...

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Julio- Thanks for your advice, and your opinion on the California is about as useful.

Nobody here needs an internet manners lesson from you.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

3. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Taz,

I appreciate the fact that your polite, ironic, and dismissive post, which I accept and understand, does not include rude instructions to take my comments elsewhere.

Perhaps you don't need an internet manners lesson, but others do.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #154 TheMayor, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
    Juan... with all due respect.

The California is no way a tragic mistake. Do you even look at the happy owners in that section of the forum? Have you seen the resale values? The predicted crash of CA prices never came -- but it did for the mighty Scuds who have lost $100K in value in one or two years. So, which is the tragic mistake?

California owners made their decision and they are happy with it. Is it right for them to be constantly the target of criticism for buying what they bought?

Do you want really everyone to go to the 348 section and just pile on how ugly their car is compared to the 355? Or how ugly the Testarossa is compared to a 512 BB? I don't think so.

Yes, this is a forum. But, it's a forum for owners and potential owners too. I don't walk into your house and tell you how F'ing ugly your furniture looks, do I? And if I did, I don't think you would expect me to tell you to "get a thick skin" and deal with it either. I believe you would have found that RUDE.

I'm not saying that someone shouldn't have or post an opinion on anything here. What I am saying is that these constant "one trick pony" snipers who just shout how ugly and awful everything is in the middle of every honest thread is UNCALLED FOR and in POOR TASTE.

Fchat does allow for people to say whatever they want. All we ask is that the say it and get out of the way for those who really want to study, examine, and talk about the subject without harrassment from people who will NEVER buy it.

Is that too much to ask?

5. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    No, it's not, and I appreciate your comments.

Still, I continue believing that the California is a great car AND a tragic mistake. But your points are well made.

Just please don't call me Juan.;)

Cheers,

Julio

6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    OMG Julio... I am so sorry. I just typed wrongly.

That is soooooooo embarrassing!

Please accept my apologies.

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Julio- Normally I enjoy your posts, so your little outburst surprised me. Bad day or what? The Juan thing from bdelp was a slip-up and not intentional.

The California is a fine car and a fine Ferrari, in my opinion and in the opinion of hundreds of owners. Not every Ferrari has to be a hairshirt Ferrari. That is the reason there are such good deals on Scuderias. Ferrari built too many for the number of hard core enthusiasts that actually exist. The 458 coming on line may have had an affect, too.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I didn't take it personally. I am so embarrassed I did that!

I have to learn to proof read better before posting!!! :)

9. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Yeah, perhaps you're right, bad day... If you think your economy is in trouble and mismanaged, you should see ours... Plus, my GTC just threw a valve and the Dino restoration has no end in sight... Apologies to Bdelp for the little outburst! The Juan thing was amusing and is no problem at all.

Understood, I just happen to like the FF and dislike the California. I do agree that there is no point in repeating a point endlessly, especially a negative one. I won't say it again.

Cheers,

Julio

10. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    No problem at all.:)

11. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Julio- Really bad luck on the GTC dropping a valve. Were those solid valves or the dreaded two piece, sodium filled valves?

Taz
    Terry Phillips

12. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    #162 Sunshine1, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
    You forgot Maserati. In the past 5 years, they have completely changed their lineup for the better.

Look at the stunning beauty of the Quattroporte, so much class and style, may be the most beautiful sedan in the world.
    Look at the Gran Turismo, also a stunning coupe, one of the best looking ones in the world.
    Add 4 seats, high-end luxury and the powerful and efficient Ferrari-based engines.
    Oh, and let's not forget the sound: such a magnificent sound (exhaust)!

Now, look at where they were and where they are now...

13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Most of that was done when they were owned and run by Ferrari.

14. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    Agreed. Ferrari understood the value of the brand and its image, restored it and pushed for a great future: class, style, beauty, power, luxury, sound. And all of this for a very good price (a bargain I believe).

15. 4re4lem

4re4lem Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    +1

16. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    How many /acutual/ owners are going to run this car up to the mountains? IMO is a car that will be used by housewives to gather groceries and one up their neighbors.

Whatever floats your boat.

17. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    2 new chick cars from Ferrari, Ugh

Enzo would be PISSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The front wheel drive is very innovative and about half the weight of traditional 4 wheel drive solutions.

Trick aero at the rear plus a double venturi.

FF introduces more new features than the 612 did.

19. Cariad

Cariad Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Any F1 Circuit
    #169 Cariad, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If I can take my 458 up a mountain in summer why not my FF in winter ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    I don't think so. The Granturismo came out after Ferrari relinquished ownership... Regardless, these cars are all penned by the great Pinninfarina design house.

21. Cariad

Cariad Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Any F1 Circuit
    #171 Cariad, Jul 7, 2011
    Not only a 458 but a 512TR and a 911 as well.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. car-fan

car-fan Rookie

Jul 19, 2011
    Hallandale Beach, FL
    #172 car-fan, Jul 20, 2011
  23. tocho

tocho Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    I just saw the FF live for the first time at the Manhattan showroom and must say i have to eat my words...It is a actually a very good looking car and pictures don't do justice to it. If I needed 4 seats I'll buy one without thinking twice.

24. KangarooAR15

KangarooAR15 F1 Rookie

Aug 3, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    It's a station wagon.

Why? Seriously.

25. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Because it's cool and some people need the space. I have zero problem with the concept of this car.

Would you really rather buy a Bentley?