wrx/sti? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

wrx/sti?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Intheflesh, Jun 7, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I'm just kicking tires at the moment so nothing is set in stone.

2. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I figured that might be the case, and another search term never hurts when you're looking.

Good luck with the hunt!

3. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #53 texasmr2, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    The dealership offered a FREE Carfax and she is a two owner car with no accidents reported and all the service is up to date. Carfax thinks it is $740 priced over retail value. Now here is the clincher the dealership took possession of the vehicle 10/04/2011 and I think that can work to my advantage negotiating the final sell price, just like any dealer they want to move enventory asap. They are asking $14,999 when the actual retail prices hovers around $13K so they are trying to pull the typical dealership hoodoo and want a potential buyer pay for the upgrades. I will stand FIRM at $11K-$11.5K and will not accept any offer on my Miata trade-in of less than $2.5K. The reason I am continuing this is because I received a email from the sales dept telling me they would purchase my car even if I did not buy a car from them!

How many donuts should I do, as I leave when/if they refuse my terms, 3 or 4?

4. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
  5. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Well the '07 sold before I could do anything, DRATS!! My GOOGLE searches always lead me to what I think are over priced examples and I have a certain budget I do not want to go over. The search has restarted again and I can find nothing in or around Houston in my price range. I do not buy sight unseen or without a test drive.

6. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    After a long search I have realized that I will not get what I want without increasing my budget. I have found an '08 STi wagon with barely over 61K miles and I will going to inspect and test drive it next week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. OhioMark

OhioMark Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2006
    Make sure you place a can on it so it sounds like it's running on 3 cylinders!

8. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE

Be VERY particular on finding out what mods if any have been done to it. Try and find out what oil the PO's have used. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions once you look at it.

9. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    Check engine light is on.

10. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    #60 Mang, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My dd in and around Tahoe....I once tailed a GT3 through the twisties and after he failed to lose me, he bought my java at bigbucks coffee when I pulled into a parking space the same time he did :D

LOVE this car!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #61 texasmr2, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
    I did not notice that, thanks a lot. I joined a WRX/STI forum a few months back and have learned that codes can appear with just simple intake or exhaust upgrades. On a positive note the Subaru ECU is easily accessible and the codes can be cleared fairly easily. I will make a list of what concerns/questions I have when I go look at the car.
    EDIT: As you can see the tach is at 1400rpm's and I have never known a stock street car too idle over 1000 rpm's so the ignition could be on without the engine running.

A resident of my neighborhood has the same car/color with oversized BBS wheels and a performance muffler and I drool/cry over it everytime I see just sitting in the driveway, the car never gets driven. This could be a good time to pounce!

12. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    That's a hill assist off light.

Not a CEL.

Also, that front bumper fitment concerns me. That doesn't look right at all. Way off.

13. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    Zoomed in the pic, and you are right.
    Carry on!

14. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Which image? The passenger side has a poor fitment but this could be just a simply fitment issue and not necessarily caused by an accident. The dealer says they have a Car Fax for the car so we will see.

15. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Don't always trust a carfax. I've seen a car with a spotless carfax that had frame damage.

And that bumper is concerning. The front bumper is held on using pop rivets so check for missing ones. It's super easy to take off, might be worth investigating.

16. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    A PPI will be performed prior to signing on any dotted line for any vehicle.

17. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Yep. I bought my current MazdaSpeed 3 with a clean carfax, only to realize later that the entire driver side had been repainted.

18. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    I have an 02 as a daily and its the funnest thing you can have for under $20K