Wrap and change badges f12 daily | FerrariChat

Wrap and change badges f12 daily

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Alexcle, Aug 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    hello all,

Looking to buy an f12, having a harder time finding the build I want in a subdued color for a daily in the Midwest.

Since I want to protect the vehicle and considering full clear protection my questions are as follows:

Does full clear wrap diminish value
    If no should I just wrap in a color I want and is it removable later with no diminished value
    Last, can I swap the shields to non yellow and will doing so diminish value when selling or I can easily replace back with original.

Thank you

2. bayareaferrari

bayareaferrari Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    California
    Wrapping it does not diminish the value. Just be prepared to have it removed when you decide to sell it.

You can swap the badges out for the carbon black and put back or include with the car when you go to sell it.

3. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D

I see,

So is it better to wrap or wait to find right color combo and clear wrap The wrap I assume protects the paint as well?

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    there is no better. wrapping a car is generally no big deal. if there is a wrap color you like then buy the cleanest car you can find not worrying about color.
    the shield thing is a bit of an unknown. if its done professionally with no impairment to the car you shld be fine.

5. LandandcarsAZ

LandandcarsAZ Karting

Jun 14, 2018
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    1. Clear wrap does not hurt value.
    2. Wrap may make it harder to sell but worse case it can be removed.
    3. Reminder that a wrap is not a substitute for Paint Protection film. As wraps are usually half to 75% less thick then PPF which means less protection against stones.
    4. I would have your local dealer if possible install the shields.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeh i put ceramic on my colored wraps but its hard to protect during daily driving

7. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    On an F12, the shields are on the air bridges, which makes them really easy to swap.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I could be wrong but I thought the doors have to come off to access the back part of the aero bridge. Maybe can get to it from inside the fender well perhaps. Removing a door is a big step in my mind. They are huge and cracking the paint on the hinge bolt heads looks unavoidable if the door has to be removed.

BOKE likes this.