Wow I'm Totally Shocked My 458 vs Huracan | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Wow I'm Totally Shocked My 458 vs Huracan

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari Now & Forever, Dec 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Golattus

Golattus Karting
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    JN
    Maybe you should jump on a Ferrari, it was my second time on a Lambo. First was aventador SV, completely different experience apart from front visibility that is even worse.

The performante for sure has different set up but trust me, standard huracán.., like driving on ice...

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Same for my experience, I thought the std Huracan drove incredibly well on a high speed track and autocross.

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I don’t. Sorry.

4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Reading comments like it drives like a truck or like driving on ice are so outlandish as to only diminish the credibility of the writer. In the last decade, all super car contenders are in their own right, exceptional driving machines but with differing driving dynamics and characteristics. None of them are pieces of crap or so fundamentally flawed as to be classified as junk. The Huracan specifically, is a very competent car with no glaring flaws. But as with all other cars in this category, it will be subject to individual preferences and priorities. My preference with the Huracan is the RWD, with passive suspension and no LDS. Others prefer the softer, more compliant ride of the AWD with magneto suspension. Neither variant can be described as defective.

5. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I agree with your comments. My personal take after owning 4 Lambos and now 2 Ferrari’s is that I enjoyed the Lambos and love Ferrari. It is a very personal choice. I would not go back to a Lambo unless I was building a car collection. The best way that I could describe the between the 2 brands is that they drive exactly how their logo represents them. One is a Bull and the other a Stallion. I simply prefer the latter having experienced plenty of the former to have the basis for my personal decision choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plastique999 and Viperjoe like this.
  6. Golattus

Golattus Karting
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    JN
    Well,

It’s pretty obvious that premium cars are all good. Said that none of them is perfect.

What I said is that the steering wheel feels incredibly loosen and yes, best way to describe it is that looks like you are driving on ice. Maybe steering of F is like driving on sand. If you said that it wouldn’t diminish your credibility, it is a way of describing it. To me.

Front visibility is almost zero. I don’t know if you feel like this is an asset in a huracán. My friend with an aventador SV says “yes, you gotta imagine where the car ends...”. And I don’t like it as it is very dangerous, specially at city. To me.

And to end up, many brands have embraced this straight lines and angles everywhere that make cars looking like a navy fighter but, looking like an insect. To me and to Jay Leno

Amazing cars the Lambos? For sure!
    Bad cars? Not at all!

I loved their soul in the pre Audi era although it is clear that now they are faster, more reliable, etc and without Audi maybe Lambo would have gone nowhere.

Everyone has an opinion, right?

7. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Yes, the “truck” comments are over the top, but there is definitely a difference in design language and philosophy. I’ve found every Lamborghini I’ve driven to feel heavy in the controls, while Ferraris have a lighter more nimble feel despite the actual performance numbers being similar. This varies more by which particular cars are being compared, but many of the angular fold designs of Lamborghinis often feel tighter and somewhat claustrophobic. You can tell by my characterizations which I prefer, but it’s just that, a preference.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

plastique999 likes this.
  8. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Random off topic for people who have extensively driven both Lambo and Ferrari.

I put about 800-900 miles in a Huracan that was temporarily given to me, and during that time, I experienced a far higher percentage of negative reactions from other random drivers compared to other sports cars.

I talked to an acquaintance who owns a Huracan, and he mentioned he notices the same thing.

How have your experiences been? Similar? I'm assuming it's because Lamborghini's styling is far more in your face and flamboyant, leading to some people to feel envious or offended.

9. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I have not noticed any difference in terms of negative versus positive reactions. I think it's the way someone drives an exotic that may elicit a negative reaction versus a positive one. I always try to be friendly and cordial on the road and engaging with anyone that has questions about the car I'm in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I have had every exotic except a McLaren, and I have never received the reaction from the public- even older women, and young boys and girls- as I have for my Performante. Not only the photos taken, dangerously from others as they are driving, to people sticking their heads out their window to give a thumbs or or yell out compliments. But what has uniquely surprised me, is the faces of joy and happiness engendered by the presence of the car. The car actually puts a smile on people's faces. Never encountered a negative gesture or comment. Experiencing others overwhelmingly positive reaction to my car has added to the pleasure of owning it.

Boomhauer and Viperjoe like this.
  11. soniouze

soniouze Rookie

Oct 1, 2014
    GTA, Ontario
    I sold my 2012 Garllado Super Trofeo and got a 2010 458. I like the rawness feel and the exhaust note of the Lambo when I am on the track. On the other hand, the 458, I feel more precise and predictable on the track. As for laptime, they both within a second different.
    My buddy has been complaining about the steering feel on his Huracan Avio. With the approximate same speed on the same corner, he always felt different. other than that, he loves the car on the road and on the track.

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Always got far more FU in the Ferraris than thumbs up.

So far in the perf spyder it’s 100% thumbs up.

tekaefixe likes this.
  13. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Boo~~~~~
    :)

14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Interesting, I am feeling the same....I currently have 2 Lambos and 1 Ferrari and will go back to 2 Stallions and 1 Bull. There is something about the allure of the Stallion.

Sent from my 16M

F12JAJ likes this.
  15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Its your money. Buy whatever makes you happy.

cavsct94 likes this.
  16. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I did have a McLaren (12C) and thought it was a great car. Probably one of the best exotics but had to get rid of it because it was falling in price like a brick thanks to McLaren’s less than stellar business acumen and overproduction numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Gotta be the wing