Wow I'm Totally Shocked My 458 vs Huracan | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Wow I'm Totally Shocked My 458 vs Huracan

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari Now & Forever, Dec 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    I think the majority of us believe the OP's post is absurd. Given more time behind the wheel of an Huracan, his opinion would likely change.

I didn't take his opinion personally.

I like many automotive marques and give respect where it's due. I'd like to experience as many DIFFERENT marques as possible during my lifetime and I respect other open-minded petrolheads with the same intent.

Variety is the spice of life. The world would be a boring place if everyone liked and despised the same car brands.

2. fredhassen

fredhassen Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen

Which one dominates in onlookers, or is it close?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    #103 Principissimo, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    +1

Probably a lot of people agree with your posting (I know I do).

5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Looks fantastic! Love the green.

6. Principissimo

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Me too 😍

7. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Owned both.

Each have pros and cons.

I'd be happy to have either in stable.

8. Principissimo

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Same for me ��

9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    This discussion is analogous in many ways to debates in high end audio reproduction. I am a designer, manufacturer of high end audio components and have been subjected to the decades old claim by some that all components sound identical. Differences in sound between amplifiers, for example, are due exclusively to power output differences and nothing else. Most audiophiles vehemently disagree, claiming they can discern the minute sonic differences between components, regardless of loudness levels or power output.The discussion here seems to be adhering to a simliar argument. If one cannot distinguish differences between cars driven on residential streets than that is their perception. Attempting to disuade him from that perception seems futile because to him it is reality. Similarly, since there is no absolute standard by which we objectively determine the finest automobile, each individual's subjective emotional response to a car is valid for him and to that person that is the only criteria that matters. Different strokes for different folks. The OP believes that the Huracan drives like a truck. Many may feel that comment is absurd. But to him, that is his reality and that is all that matters. My favorite ice cream flavor is Jamoca Almond Fudge. Someone else may think it tastes awful. But I also love cream caramel, chocolate and many others. The same applies to cars. I love most high performance cars and for different reasons and applications. I do have personal preferences because they all have clearly differing personalities and traits that are readily distinguishable and for me, the model that provides me with greatest level of satisfaction is the one I will ultimately purchase. But I am a car slut, needing to perpetually try a new model just for the novel thrill of it. Like Jay Leno stated when asked, " Why do you need so many cars". He replied, unlike most men, I am happy with only one wife, but I need many cars".

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Had a Huracan go by yesterday on a city street...was louder and better sounding than nearly any 458 I've heard. Different due to no high wail, but those pops and snaps and intensity...wow. Stunning.

ConT likes this.
  11. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    The pops sound soooo synthetic though. A buddy has a decatted huracan and that thing sounds as if there is a loose screw or something seriously wrong when it pops

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I loved it.

13. fredhassen

fredhassen Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen

Yep.

14. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    rehashing this thread i think i know what the OP was talking about

when full lock turning the car skips on its front tires, this happens even moreso when the front lift is up

this was annoying with the gallardo and it seems to carry over to the huracan even though the turning radius is much tighter

the front window is nearly flat, it reminds me of an old army jeep window and does feel a little cheap like you are looking through a toy car window

sound is subjective but my car is stock no sport or race exhaust, it sounds more melodic and does overrun quite a bit more than my 458 spider, but at idle it is very quiet even in sport/corsa mode... my 458 had race exhaust and a bit louder at idle

driving i think the huracan is much faster especially off the line, the grip of AWD and torque are much greater but that is to be expected and it does have nearly 60hp more

gearbox is flawless, but so was my 458 spider

both my cars had magneride and the ride is comparable in all modes

both had the odd rattles from folding roof

15. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    #115 abstamaria, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    I will keep my 458 but an seriously thinking of buying a new Huracan. I am attracted to white, perhaps with dark red or grey leather seats. Iwill have to order it. A bit sedate for a Lamborghini, I know. There is a new Arancio Argos coming to the dealer. Is that a good color? An Azzuro Thetys will also be available. Would you recommend that? I have not seen either color in the flesh.

16. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    I was in Montreal lambo last month. since I am thinking of getting into an aventador i stopped by the dealer. Both arancio Argos and azzuro thetys was there. Imo thr azzuro thetys shows the lines better. But the lines in the huracan are more benign than the aventador

17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The Aventador is such a unique and detailed design, it lends itself to a more sedate color. Looks fantastic in white or graphite grey. But as virtually everything else, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

18. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Many thanks, Saraojo, Coincid. I hear what you're saying. The Huracan probably needs a stronger, less sedate color than Azzurro Thetys. I will pass on that one.

Best,

Andres

19. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #119 IPO1, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    Just to piss OP off even more, just grabbed this one (17 V10+), and having owned 458 and Huracan I love it. It's THE daily fun car IMHO.

20. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    "Ferrari Now & Forever" user doesn't like Lamborghini. Would never guess it.

21. John Salvador

John Salvador Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    If I wanted an everyday supercar, the R8 would be my choice, alas I really don’t want an everyday supercar, thus why I bought my 458 Spider. I just don’t like the styling or the absurdity that is a Lamborghini.

22. Principissimo

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    I had the Huracan and the Huracan Performante. They both can be great DD trust me ;)

23. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Two years gone by....since first post. How did you dig this thread up?

Viperjoe likes this.
  24. Golattus

Golattus Karting
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    JN
    A friend of mine bought a lambo huracán days ago, I do have a Speciale and a 12c; he insist me to try it and..., what’s wrong with the steering? It’s like driving on ice... it comunicates nothing to driver. Feels so soft that you can’t rely on the car.

And front visibility? A joke. You have to figure out where the car is.

The looks? Like having an insect at home.

Fast? Of course.

Steering is the most scary thing I’ve ever driven in my life after my mums VW polo in the 90’s.

25. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    LoL...have none of those concerns in my perf. My friends with regular Huracans don’t either.

Gh21631 likes this.