Wounded Warrior/Operation Kindness Event - Saturday, May 22nd | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wounded Warrior/Operation Kindness Event - Saturday, May 22nd

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by VNDETTASupra, Apr 26, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Court and Julia,
    Thanks for the privilege of being a part of today's venue. It was an honor to have walked amongst heroes and breathed the same air as they.
    Very well done.

2. rcollum

rcollum Karting

Sep 17, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bob Collum
    I was privileged to attend. Court, let me know when you do this again. I would not want to miss it. Nice cars, good people and a great cause.

3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Glad to see the turnout!!! I am sure it was well appreciated by some true heroes!!!

4. VNDETTASupra

VNDETTASupra Karting

Oct 21, 2008
    A huge "Thank You" to all the drivers who came out and supported the troops on Saturday! Without a doubt you all made it a very special day for our wounded heroes, and for that I'm extremely grateful. Thank you again for taking the time out your hectic schedule's to support this very worthy cause and I hope to make the event even bigger and better next year! All the best.

Regards,
    Court

5. rcollum

rcollum Karting

Sep 17, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bob Collum
    Thanks for the opportunity, Court. I'll look forward to this event next year.
    A good time for a good cause.

--Bob

6. VNDETTASupra

VNDETTASupra Karting

Oct 21, 2008
    PixieLuv, powerpig, jungathart, rcollum - Thanks to all of you for showing your awesome cars and putting a smile on so many faces. Hopefully we were able to provide a fun diversion for these brave men and women, even if it was only for a few hours. Thanks again for your time and support and I hope to see at the next Wounded Warrior event, if not before then.

jungathart - Awesome pics! Thanks.

Regards,
    Court

7. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Actually, I think we should be thanking the soldiers for allowing us into their life during a very difficult time.

8. VNDETTASupra

VNDETTASupra Karting

Oct 21, 2008
    Kevin - Agreed!!!! After seeing some of the injuries sustained by the troops it's hard to imagine what life is and will be like going forward for them and their families. I'm just thankful for everything they've done to protect and serve our nation and I think its important to show thanks and recognition to all our Vets for their service. I know a good percentage of the drivers that came out are either current or retired military.

9. David4315

David4315 Rookie

Dec 13, 2007
    Court,

I thought it was was great fun. I took one young Marine for a short ride. Not really any place to open it up around there but a ton of fun. True American heros making real sacrifices to keep us free. Thanks for letting me take part.

10. VNDETTASupra

VNDETTASupra Karting

Oct 21, 2008
    Hi David,

Thanks again for coming out and showing your support. The car looked great and I'm glad to hear that a Marine was able to get a ride, albeit a short one. Hopefully you can make it again next year, with Walter Reed closing this will be at a new venue. My hope is there will be more room for additional cars to show and for short drives with the troops.

Court

11. PixieLuv

PixieLuv Rookie

Aug 13, 2009
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Christina
    The new facility is going to be amazing! I work right behind where they are building it. It has so much parking and is huge! They had to close our parking lot at work so they could build a building that will be its dedicated power