Wounded Warrior drive and lunch-Oceanside | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Wounded Warrior drive and lunch-Oceanside

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by PAT ORRELL, Aug 27, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PAT ORRELL

PAT ORRELL Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    Waxing the Ferrari now at 11pm will be done by 12, I hope!!!

2. JC 550M

JC 550M Karting

Feb 22, 2008
    Murrieta
    Full Name:
    JC
    Sleep is over rated. 13 week old puppy labrador ensures i do not get any sleep. Took half day off to W&W car. See you all at C&C at 9.
    JC

3. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    Got it. See you all bright and early!

4. f355jimv

f355jimv Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I will see some of you at Cars and Coffee. This is going to be one of those memorable days in my life!

5. jabramson

jabramson Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Just got back from the drive. I have to say that it was the most memorable event I've been to. It's hard to figure out where to start. First, my hat off to Pat and Sean. They both did an incredible job putting this together. If was flawless. Arriving on base and meeting all the young brave gentlemen who have risked their lives for all of us really brought things into perspective. Seeing all of them, each with their own issues, lined up waiting for us to arrive and seeing their wonderful smiles made me know right away that we were doing something good today. Something that was going to bring some happiness to this group that for the most part have been dealing with things I don't want to even imagine. The things these men have gone through and now will have to continue to deal with is humbling. I'm truly glad I was abłe to be a part of this today. You can be assured I won't miss an opportunity to do this again.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Jeff

6. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Wow, wow, wow... I am speechless... what a fantastic day!

After 300 miles of total driving for me in one day, I would not hesitate to do again. Pat and Sean, you guys did a fantastic job putting this together for all of us. It was great seeing old faces and meeting new friends. Most important, it was a joy for us to be of services to those who served us. Count me in on the next gathering.

Thank you so much...

Haig

7. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I hope someone posts some pics, sorry I missed it today everyone, but my alternator went out as I was pulling out of my driveway this morning.
    I've got the car up on jack stands and pulling it to go have it re-built.
    Rotten time for that to happen but I guess better than having it crap out mid day during the drive. :(

8. sk8rpatty

sk8rpatty Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2010
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Patty H.
    #183 sk8rpatty, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Jeff, I could not have said it better. Your post sums it up beautifully. I'm in tears reading this and looking at my photos of the day. It was an experience I will NEVER forget. Thanks to Pat and Sean for giving us this opportunity.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. f355jimv

f355jimv Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    What an outstanding day.....being a part of this was truly an honor for me.

Pat and Sean, truly great work on putting this together.

Count me in for the next event.

10. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    No words can describe how amazing today was. A HUGE thank you to Pat and Sean for a truly amazing event. I can't even express how honored I am to have been able to give a small token of appreciation to our US Marines wounded in combat. It was a pleasure to meet a lot of new faces and you can go ahead and just add my name to the next one because I am there.

I will be sending out pics soon. Please forward my contact info to any of the Marines who did not get it. Thank you again to everyone who came out! What a great day!

11. PAT ORRELL

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    Glad everyone had a good time today! It was for a great cause to see the faces with smiles as we pulled up to the Wounded Warrior Battalion. It must of been an awesome sight to them to see all the beautiful cars rolling in. Thank you everyone for your support. As you know I am very passionate about these men, and their sacrifices. Each one has had a traumatic experience that they will carry with them for the rest of their lives. I know that when each of you got up to offer suggestions for their future it made a big impact on their lives. Many came to me and asked about how to get a list of the participants. Having a direct person to person contact with our Wounded Warriors made my day! We put a smile on their faces and they will always remember this day. Looks like I have to adopt one!

12. PAT ORRELL

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    On a different note, My oil pressure light came on when pulling into Lowe's, so I had to nurse the new engine with only 90 miles on it at the beginning of the drive. It corrected itself and the 308 ran very strong. I was able to pass a F430, and a Viper but was not even close to catching the Testarossa, and the Dodge Challenger!!!!!!!!Lol!

13. Bigwavedave

Bigwavedave Karting

Sep 28, 2012
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I just wanted to say thank you for inviting me into your group. I was so touched the moment we showed up at the Batallion HQ. Levi told me they could hear us coming 10 minutes before we should up. He said they were so excited knowing we were coming. It was his 32nd. birthday. WOW!
    Thank you Pat and Sean! Fantastic job putting this together.
    A day I will never forget! I can't wait for the next event.
    Dave

14. F.Zappa

F.Zappa Rookie

Jul 19, 2012
    #189 F.Zappa, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    I wanted to share my experience of the day with the Fchat Forum. I will leave out the Marine's name on this public forum to respect his privacy. This was an epic day. After I picked up my Warrior, I asked him if he liked going fast. He said Sir, I am an adrenalin junky, my kind of guy. You don't need to ask me twice. The thrill of getting on it, hard, in a Ferrari was better medicine than the thirteen drug cocktail he was on to combat his PTSD, anxiety, and traumatic brain injury. He said it was the first time he got jacked-up like that since combat. For the moment (actually momentS :D), it erased his anxiety. These boys miss the action.

After lunch and the kick ass drive back to the base, my girlfriend and I hung out with a couple of the Marines. The four of us took a drive out to the Marine PX, it was the size of a large Walmart. Did a little shopping then went next door to Dunkin Donuts for coffee and donuts. After we got back, they gave us a tour of the $35 Million Wounded Warrior Battalion. These are no ordinary barracks! The rooms had two queen size beds, large built in desks & lockers in dark hardwood, large bathrooms, refrigerator & microwave, and, the two guys we were with each had their own private room. Upstairs had a nice lounge area with a 9' pool table, other areas had large flatscreen tv's and computers. Outside, we saw the gym & Physical Therapy building with a half size olympic pool and underwater treadmill. There was a large rockwall with self-retracting ropes so they could climb safely without a partner. What a great facility for our wounded heros to recuperate in. I for one am happy to see my tax dollars spent here.

The two Marines and I exchanged numbers and we are planning to get together again soon. On the agenda, a Bass fishing trip and later, we may rent one of the hotel rooms that they have down on the beach to hang out. My girlfriend wants to get her daughter to invite some of her sorority sisters from UCLA to come and hang out with these guys (I'll be there to chaperone ;) ). My guy invited me back to the base to take a more in depth tour, and hopefully catch some exercises with loud explosions! I like that kind of stuff.

I brought a Ferrari duffle bag for him to help remember the day, he gave me his USMC Ka-Bar knife that he took to the sandbox on deployment, it touched me to my core.

I wanted to share this with Fchatters to inspire you to join the next rally. It was a profound and humbling experience I will never forget. Just ask anyone that was there.

A big Kudos and thanks to Pat and Sean for a job well done.

Bravo!
    Stuart

15. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    What a great post...

16. PAT ORRELL

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    Being a Medic, I am curious as to what everyone's pulse rate was on the drive and after the drive!Lol!

17. PAT ORRELL

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    Sean and I had our regular driveway chat last night when we got home, and another one this morning. I think everyone will enjoy what we come up with! After an amazing day yesterday, I can't stop thinking about how the day kept progressing, and turned into a very memorable event to remember.

18. anxpert

anxpert Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Oceanside, CA
    Full Name:
    Enrique Mar
    Sean / Pat , outstanding job !

For all drivers that participated " well done " , it was rewarding to see the level of participation for a most definite great cause.

Events such as this " WW-D " , allow for reflection and perspective in sacrifices made by others.

Let us hold true to staying in touch with these young men and warriors and assist them in their transition.

19. PAT ORRELL

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    +1

20. PAT ORRELL

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    I have been watching the number of views on this thread,averaging 100 a day. As of yesterday morning it was 4137. One day after the drive we are at 5302. 1165 in one day! I hope other areas pickup on this for our Troops. I am available to help them organize an event.
    Just send me a PM.

21. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    #196 Testarossa Lover, Oct 7, 2012
  22. Bigwavedave

Bigwavedave Karting

Sep 28, 2012
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
  23. jabramson

jabramson Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Just received this email back from Cody who rode with me. Says it all.

Good Afternoon Jeff,

I also had a great time meeting you as well as the other folks that came out yesterday.* It was certainly one*of*the better experiences I've had in awhile, and I'm sure most of the other guys would agree.* I was*discussing the day with a friend who also attended and we both agreed that we would really like to*pursue staying in touch with the group in the future possibly for tours or under the circumstances of a*simple lunch*get together.
    I also just wanted to say that yesterday was really inspirational.* Being successful often seems daunting*and unreachable for so many people.* It was really good to have the opportunity to be surrounded by*successful people who were willing to share their stories and experiences.* Learning that there are people*our there that started off where I am and have become very successful doing precisely what I strive to do*basically just gives me more drive to see my goals through with all that much more persistence.* Again,*thank you for sacrificing your time.* You can find my contact information below.

~Cody

24. sk8rpatty

sk8rpatty Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2010
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Patty H.
    #200 sk8rpatty, Oct 7, 2012