would rims be stupid? | FerrariChat

would rims be stupid?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by fanatic1, Aug 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    Hi guys, want your opinion.........I have a 350Z roadster.......I love it. I know some of you do, some don't. However, heres my question: I want new rims. I'd like some 18 or 19's just to dress her up. the car was about 35 Gs. So I was going to get new rims and tires for around 4 g's. I can't find anything that doesn't look REALLY cheap. I LOVE LOVE, the HRE's but the complete package will be around 8 GRAND (with tires of course)......is it stupid to spend 8 grand on a 35 grand car? It seems stupid to me. I can do it, I've got the money for it, but that still doesn't mean it's not stupid. Thoughts? Suggestions?

2. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    I'd recommend Volks or Works. Go to : www.wheelspecs.com/main/index.php and you can see an amazing amount of wheels.

A good set of Volks will be around $500-600 each.

My personal favorites are the Works VS-XX in gold.

You could also take a look at JLine wheels: www.jlinewheels.com New on the market and are about the same quality as the two above.

I'd also say don't go too large. 18" might be enough for that car. Sometimes if you go too big the wheels wind up overpowering the overall ascetics. Like an 18" on a 308. It just doesn't work for me. 16" are perfect for that car.

3. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    yeah, I'm thinking 18's max. thanks for the links.

4. LexusEnthusiast

LexusEnthusiast Karting

Aug 14, 2005
    Long Island, NY
  5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Ebay finds decent stuff.

6. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    i love HRE's also and think they would look great on your car. I personally would not spend 8k on them though, but would keep an eye on ebay and other sites. Ususally you can find good sets for around 1/2 price if you are patient. If you decide to go the new route, figure you will lose 4k on resale and if thats ok and you want them now, go for it. Its just money!

7. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    LexusEnthusiast: VIP BABY! :)

HRE's are no where near 8k for a set on a 350Z.

You're looking at maaaaybe 5000$ MAX with a really bad discount on 18x10F 18x12R.

I used 540R's.

I used those sizes as a overstatement, obviously you'd get rims that aren't that wide, so your cost would be significantly lower.

8. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    Thanks guys...........I'm going with HRE 19's!!! 540 series. They are kind of pricey (including rubber) but they look great, and I don't want to second guess myself.

thanks for the advice.

9. NY550

NY550 Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2005
    Long Island
    yep...