Would it be silly to... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Would it be silly to...

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Ferrarista3, Sep 26, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    Seems that F12 didn't impress you enough on test drive. Cant wait for your full detailed impressions!

2. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    seems like you answered your own question...

3. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    I know of a couple of LHD (EU) F12's where buyers are selling their cars after being somewhat underwhelmed.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    That is surprising considering how every road test i read so far says this car is unbelievable.

5. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    Like I said I cant wait for details. What was impressive & what was disappointing so he decided to go after 458 Spyder & not F12.

6. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    #31 Ferrarista3, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    The F12 is an wonderful machine. It's a true gem.
    My experience did not take anything away from what many of the road tests stated.
    I just felt, after driving the F12, that a 458 Spider would be a more natural fit with the 599.
    This is something I suspected before. I was just afraid that driving the F12 would make forget any sort of logical considerations...but it did not.

I think, with respect to the 599, it took two steps forward and one backwards.
    It's a very different animal, a much better one objectively. Subjectively, however, I missed some of the 599's relative rawness (I suspect not many others will).
    The 599 feels two-thirds analogue and one third digital. The F12 felt two-thirds digital and one-third analogue. The 458 also felt two-thirds digital and one-third analogue...but the added drama that comes with taking the roof down helps balance that equation (IMO of course).

In any case, I will produce a more in depth write-up as soon as I can set some time aside.
    Needless to say this is all very subjective. I think that F12 owners will be very happy as it is a magnificent machine regardless of such personal considerations.

This is the same car I drove BTW--> http://www.autogespot.nl/ferrari-f12berlinetta/2012/12/07#img3
    Yellow suits the F12 very nicely IMO.

7. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I think, taking everything in consideration, that you made a wise choice.

8. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    Thanx @Ferrarista3!

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think the yellow may have helped temper your enthusiasm. :) That's a pretty bad color for that car!

10. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    +1

11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Hi Carlo, my comment was in response to the person saying F12 are being sold fairly quickly by their owner in Europe.

IIRC, you are fairly young, so a 458 makes sense. I would go for a 458 as well over an F12 as i prefer mid engined cars. Havent seen an F12 in person yet..but the more i see them in pics, the more i love them. Giallo would definitely be my choice.

12. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    Agree, plus it's an extremely small sample set......merely an anecdote, nothing more.